We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannot decide on a hotel!

North Port, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
294 reviews
Save Topic
Cannot decide on a hotel!

My husband and I are coming to lexington this tuesday. Were staying one night. We cannot decide on a hotel. Would prefer the hotel closeby to lexington. We'll be going downtown, keeneland, horse park, etc so would like something kind of central. We hoped to stay under 100 a night. I liked the la quinta because it had great reviews but someone mentioned a strip club nearby. It makes me wonder about the area and would rather not be nearby that. Things we want from a hotel would be clean, good free breakfast, safe nice location, and wifi access. Any suggestions? If we have to go over 100 we can but hopefully not to far. thanks!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannot decide on a hotel!

The only LaQuinta I know of in the Lexington area is at the northern end of Newton Pike, right off of I-75/64, and is in a cul de sac with a bunch of other hotels and a Cracker Barrel and McDonald's. That is close to the Horse Park and close to the New Circle Road exit that takes you to Keeneland. There is no strip club nearby as far as I know.

Level Contributor
385 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannot decide on a hotel!

There are two Laquintas that I can think of. One is near Newtown Pike and the other is at exit 104 at Richmond Road. I think this one used to be a Red Roof of Comfort Inn and was converted to a Laquinta. This is not a bad area of town but there is a strike club next door and is not really close to any of the attractions you are planning on going to. I would recommend choosing something out around the Newtown Pike area. If you can afford it my first choice would be the Embassy Suites. it is really nice and they have a super yummy breakfast. also in that area there is a Fairfield, LaQuinta, Four Points by Sheraton. And Marriott Griffin Gate.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannot decide on a hotel!

Also off of Newton Pike and near the hotels mentioned in post 2 are the Courtyard North and the Residence Inn.

4. Re: Cannot decide on a hotel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Lexington