We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

farmers market weekend/distillery

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
farmers market weekend/distillery

Will be in Lex next weekend, and would like to work in visits to both the farmers market and one of the distilleries (probably buffalo trace?). We are attending an event most of Saturday afternoon, so will need to do these Saturday a.m.and Sunday. Websites show them both open, but here's my question.

Will be heading home Sunday by car for about 400 miles, so prefer not to do bourbon tasting then. The farmers market says on Sundays they are open on southland drive. 1.is this market as large and same vendors as the downtown market on Saturdays? 2. Are the findings limited because it is early april? (I've only been to this farmers market in summer. I loved it, but will skip if the timing makes it more "ordinary").

Thoughts and advice welcome!

Miller

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
360 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: farmers market weekend/distillery

The farmers market on southland is more limited. Its in a parking lot so you miss the great atmosphere of the FM downtown. It is very early in the season so there will be early lettuces. not sure what else but there is a listing of what is available. It opens very early though so you could do FM downtown first and then go to a distillery or two.

Woodford reserve may be closer.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: farmers market weekend/distillery

Thank you...exactly what i was wondering. I thought about Woodford but wondered if it may be difficult navigating through extra traffic. Isn't it near keeneland, and isn't it a big weekend over there?

Thanks!

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
360 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: farmers market weekend/distillery

It is but the traffic while heavy still moves.

4. Re: farmers market weekend/distillery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Lexington