We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to lexington

North Port, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
298 reviews
Save Topic
day trip to lexington

My husband and I plan to take a day trip in early april to lexington for a little getaway. We plan to arrive by 10am. Going to a few antique stores then heading to the lex horse park. Also visiting victorian square and shops, jacobson park and maybe more shopping. We are trying to keep things cheap so any other ideas is great. I know most of our time will be spent at the horse park. If we end up able to spend the night we would love to go to keeneland to but depends on our work situation.

My main question is where to eat. So far either saul good or joe bolognas for pizza (havent decided which) so we still need to pick another place. Something very casual, nothing fancy or pricey. No chain restaurants. We like southern, home cooking comfort style foods, bbq but not to picky. Places with live music or more unique atmosphere would be good to but not a must. Main thing is somewhere with fries as its my favorite thing to get.

Also any other ideas for free or cheap attractions or sights to see. Its our first visit so we are open to ideas. Thanks!

Joseph-Beth Booksellers
Gift & Speciality Shops
Hakan Evin Rug Store
Gift & Speciality Shops
Lexington Peddlers Mall
Antique Stores, Flea & Street Markets
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: day trip to lexington

Gee, I guess we'll be seeing you! Well, sort of, I could say I'll be wearing the Cheesehead, but there's no room in the car. I think we'll have good weather.

12. Re: day trip to lexington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Lexington