We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keeneland Hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Keeneland Hotels

Anyone have a current helpful suggestion for a hotel for the April races at Keeneland? Looking for a mix of reasonable price, close to Keeneland to avoid too much driving (or a shuttle to and from) and possibly some dinner options.

I've read reveiews and most suggest a place downtown, but those are about $200. If that's really the way to do it - fine, just tell me!

Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keeneland Hotels

There are no hotels located near Keeneland. The closest hotels are clustered at the intersection of Harrodsburg Road and New Circle Road (Beaumont area).

Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keeneland Hotels

A good hotel that is right by the New Circle Road and not too far from Keeneland is the Courtyard Marriott North. I have stayed there a number of times in the past 10 years, including during the Keeneland season. I don't go to the races, but I know that many of the people who stay there are race fans. I would note that you don't get a free breakfast there, but there is a McDonald's right up the street. Also, another hotel close to the Courtyard that might not be as pricey as the downtown hotels (or as pricey as the Embassy Suites or Marriott Griffin Gate in the same area) is the newly redone Clarion (formerly the Holiday Inn Lexington North). Also, Georgetown Kentucky is not all that far away (arouond 6 miles), and the hotels there are usually a lot cheaper than Lexiington. One that I like there is the Hilton Garden Inn.

Level Contributor
253 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keeneland Hotels

I would recommend the Hampton Inn Lexington South (3060 Lakecrest Circle). I just stayed here this past weekend and it was only 5-7 min from Keeneland. This was at the intersection of Harrodsburg Road and New Circle Road (Beaumont area). I was able to get rooms for $99/night. It was a great deal for the money. Breakfast was included and there were many restaurants in the area. There was also a HUGE liquor store. We stocked up on bourbon.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keeneland Hotels

Hampton Inn on Lakecrest Circle is an excellent choice. Very clean, large rooms, and cheerful service at the front desk and in the breakfast area. Marie was serving in the breakfast area, and she provided us with an extra snack after hearing that we would probably not get any food on the airplane. Total Kentucky caring and hospitality!

5. Re: Keeneland Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:41
Get answers to your questions about Lexington