We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for traveling from Dayton to Lexington

Greeley, Colorado
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Topic
Advice for traveling from Dayton to Lexington

I will be traveling with a horse judging team in Mid October from Dayton Ohio to Lexington for the World Equestrian Games, we get into Dayton about 4pm and will pickup a rental van and start towards Lexington.

I am assuming that the rates for hotels will be sky high during this time frame and wonder if someone might suggest a town on the outskirts that would allow is to drive on into Lexington in the early morning?

We would like to spend around $75 per night if possible. Am willing to bid on Priceline if I have an idea of best "in route" places to look

Thanks for your help!

Teresa

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for traveling from Dayton to Lexington

There was a report in the paper this week that hotels may be lowering prices due to lower than expected attendance. That being said, you may want to look into Georgetown, KY. It is right off I75 just about 20 minutes north of Lexington. Here is that article that may prove helpful...

kentucky.com/2010/08/03/1374054/hotels-not-f…

Though Georgetown would be the easiest since it is on your way, the rates still seem high. Depending on how far you are willing to drive to the horse park, I did see a room in Florence, KY for around 50.00 a night. That would put you about an hour from the horse park as Florence is in Northen KY about 15 miles south of Cincy.

About 20 miles south of Lexington on I75 is Richmond and the Comfort Suites seems to have a room for about 130.00. That is a pretty good deal considering what others are charging.

Also about 20 miles from Lexington is Frankfort. It is west on I64. The Days Inn seems to have cut their rates a little and has one for about 100.00. I wasn't 100% sure of your dates, but I used 10/3 - 10/5. I hope this helps a little, and good luck! I hope you enjoy your time in Lexington.

Greeley, Colorado
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for traveling from Dayton to Lexington

Thanks so much for your help! I will definitely try outside of Lexington. We are actually just going to be there for the last day of the event. The girls are actually competing at the Quarter Horse Congress in Columbus the next week and when I realized that the WEG was happening I couldn't pass up the opportunity for them to experience it.

Again, thanks so much!

Teresa

3. Re: Advice for traveling from Dayton to Lexington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Lexington