We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriot Griffin Gate Resort or Hyatt Regency Lexington?

Ypsilanti, Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Marriot Griffin Gate Resort or Hyatt Regency Lexington?

Best hotel? Looking for CLEAN first & foremost. Luxurious, tasteful and fun. With husband & 10- & 14- year olds. Prefer no pets, but if under control & clean, may be able to deal with. If any one can provide me with pros & cons from very recent visit, would appreciate it! Thank you!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriot Griffin Gate Resort or Hyatt Regency Lexington?

Well I have never stayed at the Marriott Griffin Gate, but I stayed at the Hyatt last year and used to live in Lexington for years. The Hyatt was renovated in 2008-2009 and the rooms are nice. The one drawback is that I did hear quite a bit of noise from other rooms. The walls seem pretty thin. The location of the Hyatt is the main draw. It is right downtown in walking distance of many shops and restaurants.

The Marriott is by I 75 on the north end, and is more a self contained place within a golf community. It is a nice property and I have been there several times for various things, but never to stay. It is not in an urban setting. Lexington is a pretty easy place to navigate and you can be downtown from the Marriott in 10 - 15 minutes even with traffic typically. I do know the Marriott recently added a new spa. I think it will come down to the type of place you are looking for. I don't think one is necessarily heads and tails above the other, but they do offer some differences.

The Marriott will have golf and spa packages, whereas the Hyatt is a typical downtown hotel. I hope this provides you with a little help at least. Good Luck, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Ypsilanti, Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriot Griffin Gate Resort or Hyatt Regency Lexington?

That helps a lot! Thank you very much.

3. Re: Marriot Griffin Gate Resort or Hyatt Regency Lexington?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2010, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Lexington