We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ND football parking on Sept 30

Berlin, Connecticut
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
ND football parking on Sept 30

I've been looking thru the posts from last year regarding parking in and around NOtre Dame for the football games and I have a few questions: The Sept 30 game is a late one (5pm)- we are hoping to get to campus in the morning. Based on your experiences, do you think we would be able to find street parking at that time, or should we not gamble, and opt for pre-paid in eddy street garage?

We have reservations for dinner at 9:30 in Mishawaka, so I am worried about getting stuck in traffic trying to get out as well.

Are the Peashaway and Pokogon streets still good options for parking?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Mishawaka
Mishawaka
Indiana
6 replies to this topic
Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
4,375 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ND football parking on Sept 30

The game will likely not start until about 5:15. I don't think you will make your dinner time regardless where you park.

If you want to prepay and make a fast getaway to Mishawaka, consider the Robinson Center. Quick shot down Eddy St. to Mishawaka Ave. Faster out and cheaper than Eddy St Commons. You could also look for free street parking in that area.

Mentioned in this post
Mishawaka
Mishawaka
Indiana
Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
955 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ND football parking on Sept 30

Peashway and Pokagon should absolutely be available in the morning for that kickoff. If you are trying to get to Mishawaka after the game for dinner I would recommend Peashway over Pokagon and to head south to Howard on St. Louis or Lawrence after the game and try to work your way East on Howard / Corby as far as you can.

9:30 will likely be tight but doable. As noted kickoff will likely be 5:15 or so which would lead to a 8:30 - 8:45 end of game. Stay in the stadium at least until the alma mater is sung after the game. Get the entire experience of being on campus and at a game, even if you are a little late for your dinner reservations.

I would not park in the Eddy Street garage. Exit time from there would be considerably longer than on the streets.

Mentioned in this post
Mishawaka
Mishawaka
Indiana
Berlin, Connecticut
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ND football parking on Sept 30

Thank you!

Berlin, Connecticut
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ND football parking on Sept 30

Thank you! So those streets are safe to be parking on for the whole day/evening?

What about the Richardson center that was

Suggested? I'm not familiar with that, or its location. Would that be a good alternative to eddy street for location and getting out?

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
955 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ND football parking on Sept 30

Yes - the streets have been very safe. I've parked on them for the last 12 years - including night games when I've been out there after midnight. I have never had an issue. My son was at the Georgia game this past weekend and stayed with friends in a dorm Saturday night. He left his car overnight in the neighborhood and had no issues.

The Robinson Community Learning Center is on Eddy Street. My son worked there for a semester in school. I think it would be fine, but I would not pay $50 to park when the neighborhood streets are free. Here is a link to the RCLC parking information

…nd.edu/youth-programs/…

What restaurant do you have dinner reservations for?

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Berlin, Connecticut
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ND football parking on Sept 30

just going to Carraba's - there will be 9 of us, which is why we got reservations.

Reply to: ND football parking on Sept 30
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted