We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chicago shakepeare theatre

florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
chicago shakepeare theatre

anybody see Macbeth at the Navy Pier? good pr nt? Got my Hamilton tickets, now looking for extra because it looks to be cold and rainy Fri thru Sunday there. Nice and sunny here is Chicago..breaking out the jackets etc for Chicago//

Mentioned in this post
Navy Pier
Navy Pier
12,053 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
8 replies to this topic
chicago
Level Contributor
8,824 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chicago shakepeare theatre

It's an excellent theater. Wizard of Oz is on hottix too.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
17,266 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chicago shakepeare theatre

"Good pr nt"? Are you asking if it is a movie? I know that we're supposed to like The Sheakespear Theatre. It's part of our 2nd City elitism. I don't like it as a theatrical venue. Personally, I would go to one of the Museums : Art institute, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum of Natural History ...

I guess that our blood is a bit thicker than a Floridians. We broke out the cotton jackets already and the tulips are blooming.

Mentioned in this post
Shedd Aquarium
Shedd Aquarium
8,252 Reviews
Chicago, IL
The Field Museum
The Field Museum
7,506 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
53,311 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chicago shakepeare theatre

Guilt and ambition have to fight it out in every 'Macbeth,' even this thriller by Teller

chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/rev…

florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chicago shakepeare theatre

LOL!! I am the first person to admit I am a baby! You don't like it because it isn't a good venue as far as visibility or sound? I don't know what pr nt what was supposed to be; just got off shift this morning and haven't slept yet...so who knows?!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: chicago shakepeare theatre

Here is a capsule review, with links to full reviews from local media: https:/…

Macbeth is being presented in "The Yard" which is a new stage area, here is a review of that (from Sep 2017 when it opened) by the Chicago Tribune architecture critic: chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/ct-…

Mentioned in this post
The Chicago Diner
The Chicago Diner
145 Reviews
Chicago, IL
florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: chicago shakepeare theatre

I think I am going to go ahead and get tickets..thanks for all the input! Looking forward to being in Chicago in 12 hours!

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: chicago shakepeare theatre

update>>> we went to the Chicago Shakedpeare Theatre last night to see Macbeth and it was phenomenal! We got seats second row back in the middle and it was great. The actors occasionally walked around the main floor, and it was very cool! The theatre looked like the Rose Theatre in London and that added to the ambiance,. Even my husband could appreciate the play and he went only to make me happy! We ate at the Tiny Tavern at the base ofthe stairs leading to the theatre and it was very good! The chicken and potato empanadas and the pretzel with beer cheese flondue was worth a visit on their own merits. All in all a very auspicious start to our trip. Again, thanks for the insight!

Mentioned in this post
The Chicago Diner
The Chicago Diner
145 Reviews
Chicago, IL
London
London
Ontario, Canada
chicago
Level Contributor
8,824 posts
24 reviews