We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hamilton tickets

florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
hamilton tickets

trying to get tickets for Hamilton. will be in chicago 5/11-17. seeing widely varying prices...is Stub Hub the best place to get them or I also saw ticket stub, but their fees were very high. when we went to NY we just bought tickets from theatres, but I am concerned about getting these tickets for Hamilton.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
Best Seller
Chicago Architecture River Cruise
2,948 Reviews
from USD 41.44*
Viator VIP: Willis Tower Skydeck...
101 Reviews
from USD 124.00*
Chicago Explorer Pass
176 Reviews
from USD 75.00*
16 replies to this topic
florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hamilton tickets

the little + sign in the square shows the view??

Looking at looking at Balcony R Ctr row G and Row C. they both look like the same views...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,679 posts
623 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hamilton tickets

Stub Hub and ticket Master would be places to get tickets.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,605 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hamilton tickets

I'd recommend going on Tuesday after the cast's day off. Ticketmaster is the official seller, and the prices on its reflect the relative excellence of the seats, but $500 for the best seats is pretty steep. For a better value, consider the right or left orchestra sections close to the aisle, or the front of the mezzanine. Avoid the dress circle.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hamilton tickets

Tuesday is the best bet as was mentioned above. In fact, we just came back from the show (Tuesday night).

I would also recommend choosing left or right orchestra. Wouldn't recommend seating closer than row G, though. Just checked next Tuesday 5/15 and the seats (left and right orchestra and some center) are $192 plus fees (ticketmaster).

El Reno, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hamilton tickets

Whatever You Do don’t make the mistake I did and Buy from Vivid Seats, Aweful Customer Service

florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hamilton tickets

found seats I liked, but there are three, and they only let you buy one or three, NOT 2. Very frustrating.

florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hamilton tickets

ticket master fees so much steeper than stub hub...and it doesn't show the view of the stage??

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,605 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hamilton tickets

That's why they call it a "cash cow." You're being milked :)

If you want to go on a Tuesday or Wednesday and escape the extra fees, go to the box office when you arrive on the 11th, and discuss the seating with the staff. I wouldn't recommend this for a weekend ticket, though. Those are still sellouts, or close to it.

florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hamilton tickets

sorry, had so many sites up I got confused..looking at orchestra C Row S. It shows that the dress circle will overhang it, does that impact visibility? Because center orchestra for 192 is same price as r/l orchestra there..

florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hamilton tickets

orchestra LC row ZZ? only 122 each plus fee. dress circle overhangs it as well as the center orchestra.. ROW S tickets..on hold..

Reply to: hamilton tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted