I will be in Chicago late October - arriving 10/23/departing 10/27 - for a seminar at the Marriott Marquis, daily 8-4. I'm looking for something to do solo Tuesday-Friday nights in case I don't make any friends in class ;) I'm also open to suggestions in case I do make a friend to explore with, but I'm more concerned that I'll be in an amazing city and not leave the hotel!
1. I'm married, and I will be up early every morning so not looking for crazy bar scene options.
2. Not a huge sports fan, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at something unique or historical.
3. I'll be leaving the seminar until ~4pm.
4. I don't want to feel super awkward being alone whatever I do.
6. No rough neighborhoods or super scary halloween events.
7. Not looking to spend more than $30/day (unless it's amazing!)
8. I am very active and am totally up for (safe) strolls or jogs, but I expect that it will be dark by 6:30ish so that doesn't leave a lot of time.
9. Will be staying and attending the seminar in the McCormick place area, but I'll have a car to get around.
...any suggestions or should I load up on magazines? :) TIA!