We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which day is best for visit?

Level Contributor
187 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
which day is best for visit?

hello everyone. coming in 6/18 saturday late and staying in historic district until thur. want to go to tybee for one day and then shop and take tours of historic dist. shuttle is offered to tybee thru-out the day on the weekends so would it be better to take shuttle to beach on sunday then start the tours of hist dist on monday?

at tybee, i'm basically interested in going to the pier area of the beach, shop one of the beach stores, tour the lighthouse and take a dolphin tour-would i need to drive out there to do all of this? dont know if the shuttle will drop you off at diff't points or not. which dolphin tour is best? do not want the one that has the pontoon boat-cant remember the name of that one. want the fast ones that take you out into the ocean. i wanted to make the most of our days based on hours of operation, traffic, etc. it may not matter unless something is actually closed of course.

new jersey
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: which day is best for visit?

I tell the people who rent our Tybee cottage, that Capt Mike's Dolphin Tour is well regarded. The Tybee shrimp boats & all Dolphin Tours are located at the Tybee dock, which is on the right, immediately after you go over the Lazaretto Creek Bridge.

The shuttle bus service from Savannah is very new. I'm not sure where the shuttles would take you on Tybee, but I would think it would drop people off both at the pier & lighthouse & maybe, if you requested a drop off at the dock for the dolphin tour, they would accomodate you.

Tybee is very, very popular. Flip a coin to chose your day.

2. Re: which day is best for visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island