We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tybee Island, GA or Fort Morgan, AL (gulf shores plantation)

Bowling Green...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Tybee Island, GA or Fort Morgan, AL (gulf shores plantation)

Hello All,

I am a father of two little ones who is taking his wife & family on a beach vacation this year.....I am torn between the tybee island or Fort morgan.....can anyone advise which is more suitable for this type of vacation. Thanks again, and I'm sure I'll enjoy whichever I go to....just thought I'd ask for some insight.

Thanks!!!

new jersey
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tybee Island, GA or Fort Morgan, AL (gulf shores plantation)

I have no idea about Fort Morgan Alabama, but am a real advocate for Tybee. Your kids should love the beach, the dynamics of the high & low tides, sunrise over the front beach(ocean), sunsets over the back river(still the same ocean), the pier, lighthouse, Fort Screven, the aquarium..... Love tybee & everything about it.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tybee Island, GA or Fort Morgan, AL (gulf shores plantation)

Ft. Morgan is the Western extension of Gulf Shores/Orange Beach. It is very desolate with almost no commercial businesses. There's a few homes there and that's it. I might stay at GS/OB before I went to Tybee if it were close to home. In your case I would most definitely choose Tybee. It's about 2 miles long with nice homes and restaurants. It's only 15 minutes from Savannah which is one of the South's finest citie's. Enjoy Tybee and go to GS/OB one day for something different. Tybee is much better.

The Georgianne Inn @ 1312 Butler Avenue, Tybee Island, GA 912 - 786 - 8710.

http://www.georgianneinn.com/site/index.html

Tybee Island Inn @ 24 Van Horne Avenue, Tybee Island, GA 912 - 786 - 9255.

http://www.tybeeislandinn.com/

AJ's Dockside Restaurant @ 1315 Chatham Ave., Tybee Island, GA. 912 - 786 - 9533.

http://ajsdocksidetybee.com/

atlanta
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tybee Island, GA or Fort Morgan, AL (gulf shores plantation)

Ft morgan has lots to do with kids. Although most is in Gulfshores but only a 20 minute drive. GS has a small affordable zoo where you can see the animals close Also lots of places to eat amusment ( small) parks . ft morgan has lots of nature trails free a ferry to take your car over to dalphin island and very white soft sandy beaches and ft morgan is the less populated of the two. I have been to both and prefer ft morgan GS area. tybee is nice MY family if from there just very small and not alot to do with kids.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tybee Island, GA or Fort Morgan, AL (gulf shores plantation)

You didnt say how old the kids were, could make a difference.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tybee Island, GA or Fort Morgan, AL (gulf shores plantation)

If your family wants a beach vacation you should go to Gulf Shores and stay near the T at Highway 59 and the beach. There's a lot of places close by to visit. If you like being near a city I would go to Tybee. It's small and quiet but it's close to Savannah which is a great place to visit. Good luck.

6. Re: Tybee Island, GA or Fort Morgan, AL (gulf shores plantation)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 08:20
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island
Recent Conversations