We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to walk dog in St Simons

Roswell, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Places to walk dog in St Simons

I'll be visiting St Simons soon and staying near the lighthouse. I've already read up on the beach rules regarding dogs. I want to try to get out and take long walks with my dog each day but haven't been able to find answers to a couple questions I have. One is... where exactly are access points 1-6 that allow dogs on the beach any time of day (not restricted to 6pm to 9am)? Is this an area that the tide comes all the way up to the rocks which could be a danger or is it in front of people's personal homes? Just trying to get a feel for how to get there, park, and safety. Second question is about the parks like Alice Richards Botanical at Frederica or the numerous bike paths I've heard about. Are dogs allowed in these areas? Any suggestions for neat places to walk around with my dog on or off the island? Thanks in advance!

1 reply
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,862 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to walk dog in St Simons

Don't take our pets to SSI. Others do. Check with where you rented from and as a local should have that info.

Reply to: Places to walk dog in St Simons
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Simons Island