We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eatint out in dublin

norwich
3 posts
Save Topic
eatint out in dublin

There is 24 ladies going on a hen night to dublin on june 15th we are looking fir a eating place on the friday night we want somewhere just outside the main city because we will be spending the saturday night in temple bar we thought the friday could be spent with good food traditional irish music and dancing. I tried Johnny foxes but this was fully booked for the friday an dwe would like somewhere simular Does anyone have any ideas that could help me

Dublin
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: eatint out in dublin

I would try the Merry Ploughboy Pub. They have a "dinner and show" with Irish music and Irish dancing. Like Johnny Foxes it is located outside of the city in the Dublin mountains. It will cost you around 20 euro in a taxi from the city centre. Friday & Saturday nights tend to book quickly in advance but you might be lucky. Failing that, there is a free show in the Arlington Hotel near O'Connell Bridge (on the North side of the Liffey). It's not that far from Temple Bar as it happens. You just walk in off the Street, they serve food but it's difficult to get a good view of the stage etc. particularly when you have a larger group trying to stick together. You kind of get what you pay for as they say .... If you google either one you will get the web details.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eatint out in dublin

Hmm

A post about Dublin, Ireland and a reply. How did you find each other?

Dublin
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: eatint out in dublin

I live in Dublin and know a number of locations where Irish Music & dancing take place, primarily due to entertaining business clients visiting Dublin but also because I have an interest in Trad Irish Music myself. No big mystery.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eatint out in dublin

I think Rein meant "how did you find each other on the Dublin, GEORGIA forum???" Thats a few miles from Dublin, Ireland.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eatint out in dublin

Wow! That was a fun read. I'm actually planning a stop over in Dublin, GA on a motorcycle trip. I want to be sure it isn't dry. Can anyone help me? Tips on a place to stay and eat would be great as well.

Thank you!

6. Re: eatint out in dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2008, 05:14
Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
1,329 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eatint out in dublin

still a very intersting question in my minds eye...

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: eatint out in dublin

hello,

Dublin GA is dry only on Sunday. if you are looking for a place to stay, try the Days Inn. Give us a call. Ask for Gina or Evelyn at 478-275-7637. They are wonderful and will provide great service.

9. Re: eatint out in dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 18:23
Get answers to your questions about Dublin
Recent Conversations