We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No-see-ums ?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
211 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
No-see-ums ?

Is there a particular time of year that the no-see-ums are really bad? We hope to do a day trip to CI in mid-April and wonder if this is a bad time of year? Thanks!

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
691 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No-see-ums ?

The times that nooseeums are around depend on the weather. A sunny day without wind can be bad. Mid-April would be a time when they could be around. Cumberland Island does not spray for noseeums as far as I know, so if you are prepared for them, you'll be better off. My husband and I were there in December on a nice sunny day and they were out. However, they like to congregate around shrubs, tree lines and particularly marsh. So out on the beach would be better. Be prepared and bring spray, hats, long sleeve shirts and long pants. Do not wear anything scented, i.e. hairspray, deodorant and perfume. Also, don't let this stop you from enjoying the Island. Just keep moving and stay away from those areas mentioned.

Edited: 10 January 2013, 03:36
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
13,349 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No-see-ums ?

I didn't see any. ;)

3. Re: No-see-ums ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Cumberland Island