We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cumberland Island in February

millis,ma
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cumberland Island in February

I've been told that the mosquitoes can be pretty bad at times. Does anyone have experience with whether that will be a problem in mid-February?

Fernandina Beach...
Destination Expert
for Cumberland Island
Level Contributor
246 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cumberland Island in February

You should be fine. I would still bring insect repellant but they will not be as bad as in other seasons. I have been in mid-December and they were non-existent.

Gloucester City...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Cumberland Island in February

Anywhere you go that has mosquitos, try using Avon Skin So Soft which mosquitos hate.

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
703 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cumberland Island in February

There won't be any mosquitos that time of year. However, there could be sand gnats (aka noseeums) around. Those little pests will probably come out if the weather warms a little and there is no wind. Wear a hat, long sleeve shirt and long pants (don't worry it won't be hot in February) and you should be fine. Also for added protection bring a regular type bug spray like Off. Oh and have a great time, you'll love seeing the horses and beautiful nature.

4. Re: Cumberland Island in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Cumberland Island