We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping Thanksgiving Week

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Camping Thanksgiving Week

I am planning on camping at Sea Camp the Saturday through Wednesday before thanksgiving. Has anyone had experience camping there this late in the year? It seems like the best time for us to go with family but didn't know if the ferry would be running the day before thanksgiving to bring us back. I've also never camped there before. Does anyone have a favorite campsite at Sea Camp?

1 reply
vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping Thanksgiving Week

First of all, check the ferry schedule before reserving a campsite.

www.cumberlandislandferry.com

I have camped there in early November. The main drawback to that time of year is that days are so short, but I have friends who think Thanksgiving is the best time to be there. I prefer the sites that are in the loop to the left of the road as you walk in but there aren't any really bad sites except that some would be tight for a full group. I can't recall numbers of smaller sites but if you have a group with more than 4 tents, you might want to email the park. Rangers are very good about responding.

Reply to: Camping Thanksgiving Week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cumberland Island