We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghandruk-Landruk Trek by Jeep?

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ghandruk-Landruk Trek by Jeep?

Hello Everyone,

I have guided my guests a 8 days trek to Poonhill, Ghandruk, Landruk route.

The spectacular views and nature attractions are just great to everyone. My guests are very happy to viewing this scene but on the other hand they are worried from the road construction continue through the Ghandruk village to next village so far up to Chhomorong. The road section upper part and lower part of this village has already busy jeeps make noise,crowded and spoiled the peaceful environments. One part is good to have road and help the people and supporting the economy but other part tourists will be less. and it may negative impact. May attention given upon this factor from the concerned authorities?

5 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,258 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghandruk-Landruk Trek by Jeep?

Hi adventuremountains

Thanks for the update. To be clear, if you don't mid me asking:

Can jeeps reach Ghandruk now? I took a jeep as far as it could go in February which was spme 45 minutes walk before G.

How close to Chomrong has the road got and which route does it take - the high road to Ghandruk or the lower one via Siwai?

How far has the road reached to Poon Hill? Does it now go beyond Hille?

Do you know the cost and timing of the shared jeeps?

People often ask this so ny information you can give will be very helpful.

Thanks.

scoodly

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghandruk-Landruk Trek by Jeep?

Namaste Scoody,

Thank you for your message for asking the new motor road up to Ghanduk village.

Yes now the Jeep goes directly to Lower part of Ghandruk village and further towards to a Tea shop. from here you can walk max an hour to Jhinu danda. People say the road continue to Deurali view point toward Chhomorang village. The normal cost from Pokhara to Ghandruk is 1000-1500 rupees per person and mainly reserve jeep available. Form Pokhara to Ghandruk it takes approximately 3 hrs.

And also the Jeep goes directly to Ulleri via Hille. Also the similar cost. Any further information you need, please just message. thank you.

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghandruk-Landruk Trek by Jeep?

Hi adventuremountains

Thanks for that information. It's sad to hear about the ongoing construction of roads in what once was a beautiful hiking area, but it seems no one cares least of all the government.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,838 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghandruk-Landruk Trek by Jeep?

It sounds as though adventuremountains is referring to the new jeep road that we looked down at from Old Ghandruk that follows the Modi Khola further up the valley (Beyond where it is parallel to Lhandruk before climbing up towards Ghandruk) and therefore that trekkers are still better of going to just above upper Kimche and making a short hike rather than what is being referred to on this thread as “Lower part of Ghandruk village” as it will be both cheaper, take less time and still involve making a short hike.

Jeep roads bring Pro’s as well as Con’s to the trekking regions and although it does open them up to more visitors, in doing so, the areas then loose that wilderness feeling.

Best Regards

Rob

Edited: 15 May 2018, 17:31
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghandruk-Landruk Trek by Jeep?

When I was in Gandruk late March, there was definitely jeep access all the way to the village. The road from Kimche seemed quite rough (and new), with a couple of vehicles stuck / broken down. There seemed to be two roads - one new one, and an older one lower down in the valley that followed the river then snaked up the hill.

Reply to: Ghandruk-Landruk Trek by Jeep?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Western Region