We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fox rent a car - good/ bad

Forest Hills, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
fox rent a car - good/ bad

From what I read " Advantage " is out any comments on Fox? Thx....

57 replies to this topic
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: fox rent a car - good/ bad

so sad that there is not more pride in owning a business.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
52. Re: fox rent a car - good/ bad

Scam. Stay sway. Quoted price will dou be when you return the car.

Naples, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
53. Re: fox rent a car - good/ bad

Walk!!! Don't rent from Fox.I rented a car from Fox in Tampa near the airport to take us to Fox car rental in Ft. Myers Florida 6/10/17. It took 1/2 hour to get the paperwork completed. A $5 discounted rental with taxes and up-charges cost me $50!!! I am a gold member with Hertz and it would have cost me less!!!!!! and the rental would have been on airport property. When I got to the Ft. Myers airport to return the car, the Fox Ft Myers website said it was located in the airport. I drove around for 1/2 hour looking for it and when I called their help line, Bobby said I'd have to ask around to find it. He was on Oklahoma City and had only the address which he assured me was on airport property. Before hanging up, I ask for the address. When I put it in my phone GPS, it was miles and 14 minutes from the airport on a very dark road; it was 11pm. I drove according to the GPS and missed the turn several times, because it was SOOO dark and the sign was a small, unlit sign below 2 larger, unlit signs. After several rerouting requests from my GPS, I turned down this dark road. Even the rental place had no outside lighting. I thought it was closed, so I called Bobby again in OKC to find out what to do with the car. After a minute on the phone I saw a light inside the building where there was a lovely employee who took the car from me and said..."Yes, we've had a lot of complaints from lost customers." But..they still had to nickel and dime me one more time. Today I received a toll charge from them for $2.72. I owed it to them, but...there is a $30 administrative fee attached. Jesse James used a gun!! I would walk from Tampa to Ft. Myers before ever renting another car from Fox, anywhere they have an agency!!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: fox rent a car - good/ bad

Just rented a car from Fox ,it was very dirty inside and had to bald front tires. Not going to use them again.

Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
55. Re: fox rent a car - good/ bad

Horrible service, bad customer treatment, long wait, bad phone service...stay away

Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
56. Re: fox rent a car - good/ bad

Run and stay away from Fox they are bad, customer service is horrible and phone service is even worse...stay away

Sterling...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: fox rent a car - good/ bad

I rented from Fox recently. We are now going back and forth about leaving car with no gas, We filled it used a gas card and now are trying to prove it. The girl that was there when we dropped it off said we would get a credit for the gas. Now we are in night mare mode trying to prove it. You can not call anyone at the site in Tampa. Its all automated. Very disgusted with them . On top of it all we put off the trip last year because I was doing chemo and radiation.

Reply to: fox rent a car - good/ bad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted