We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

Chatham, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

We're going to Tampa in March, and I was checking the car rental prices from Tampa Airport. Zoom has great rates. i.e.- $157.85 for a Toyota Corolla for a week, bottom line. Has anyone had experience with these guys?

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

While I haven't heard of Zoom, I have read here in the forum where visitors have gotten a car from Priceline for $17/day which would be less than that Corolla at Zoom.

Chatham, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

Yea we are thinking about Priceline as well. Being springbreak, I'm not sure if we can get one for $17/day though. May give it a try though

Chatham, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

The problem is after all is said and done with Priceline, the bottom line orice for a $17/day car rental for 7 days is $176.03, or $25.14/day, or even more interesting is 46% more than the winning bid of $17/day. The Corolla with Zoom Car Rentals is bottom line $156.82, or $22.40/day. Add the fact March 16th is spring break, there's a good chance you won't get that car for $17/day

Edited: 17 February 2011, 11:45
Vancouver, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

I'm trying to find out more about Zoom as well. Can't find anything about them. They are claiming have cheap car deal in Palm Springs from March 27. Has anybody had any dealings with them?

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

I booked through carrentaltampa.com, and booked through "Zoom," for MArch 2-7th. My Credit card was charged, but I have not received a confirmation yet from the rental company. I'm hoping this is not a scam. I'll keep you posted!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

FWIW, here's some info on Zoom - HQ is just outside Toronto, Canada:

carrentalexpress.com/revolution/…profile

Looks legit, but relatively new as far as the car rental business goes.

Rockford, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

I booked with zoom for Sarasota Fl. on Feb 27 $226.00 for march 15th. Have not heard from them, no email, no itererary, I did a little checking, Checked my visa acct. The $226.00 was on my acct the next day Feb. 28 under the name Evershine Travel LTD. I went on line to check out Evershine Travel. They are a travel agency in the UK! I had my bank stop payment. Could not fine a phone # anywhere for Zoom. Better to pay a little more with a company you know then get scamed.

Dardenne Prairie...
Level Contributor
457 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

I would check Hotwire.com they use good companies and have never had a problem and get great deals on cars! Just my opnion...

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

We rented a car at Fort Myers Airport from ZOOM in Feb. The actual car came from Dollar - so I guess they are a virtual car rental company. The billing was done through a London, England company. The price was $177 all inclusive for a mid size car for one week. This price was 1/2 what the major cos were asking

springfield, il
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

We were going to rent from Zoom also in Ft. Myers. Can you tell me if it is located in the airport or is it off site near the airport? We will have three children with us and I was trying to find out how far we would have to travel to get to the Zoom Rental Car area. Any info. you can give would be great! Thanks so much!