We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
car hire

can anyone recommend a reliable car hire company. i need a car to use for 6 days in november 2010. collection and drop off at tampa airport.

thanks

tony

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,254 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

From reading this forum for a long time it is most often recommended that Europeans make their car hire (or car rental as we call it) arrangements at home before coming here.

I believe it is for insurance purposes, but perhaps some other visitors from abroad can weigh in and explain why and recommend a good company for you.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

Try the comparison site www.travelsupermarket.com it will give a list of companies & their prices.

Bertha

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

We use Dollar. It is usually cheaper to book before you go and to organise all the insuarances as well.

Dollar are right at the Airport some of the others are a mile or 2 away and you need to use the courtesy bus.(such as Alamo)

I can't remember which of the others are also at the airport but there are at least 2 others

Edited: 24 February 2010, 03:21
4. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 14:16