We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tampa/Clearwater, what to do in 2 full days?

Level Contributor
31 posts
Tampa/Clearwater, what to do in 2 full days?

Hi. I'll be traveling with a teenager and we have rental car. We'd love to check out Clearwater beach and St. Peterburgs. However, should i stay in Tampa or Clearwater? I want to spend 1 fullday for Tampa and 1 fullday for Clearwater. Which place has family-friendly nightlife like restaurants/bar and shops on the street? Thank you.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,647 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: Tampa/Clearwater, what to do in 2 full days?

If beaches are important just stay in Clearwater. Clearwater is also somewhat walkable. Tampa is a large city on the bay. Ybor city being a popular spot for tourists. Busch Gardens theme park being another tourist destination. Clearwater beach is very family friendly.

Level Contributor
31 posts
2. Re: Tampa/Clearwater, what to do in 2 full days?

Thanks. When's the best time to visit Ybor city? Daytime or night time? And I heard St. Pete Beach has waterfront nightlife too right?

New Braunfels, Texas
Level Contributor
323 posts
85 reviews
3. Re: Tampa/Clearwater, what to do in 2 full days?

You could always book a hotel in Rocky Point, which is a area with hotels by the airport and in between Tampa and Clearwater.

Both Clearwater Beach and St. Pete (Beach Drive) have shops and restaurants but I don't know how late the shops at each site are open at night.

4. Re: Tampa/Clearwater, what to do in 2 full days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2018, 14:18