We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What condo complex to stay at?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
60 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
What condo complex to stay at?

My husband and I are starting to plan a trip to Siesta Key for March 2013 (yes, I'm planning very eary). I heard condos book up very quickly in Siesta Key for March so I wanted to get a head start : )

I stayed at Aloha Kai in 2006 for 1 week with my parents. I really liked staying there and am considering it again. However, we visited over 6 years ago so I'm not sure if things have changed.

We will be staying for 1 week in March 2013 (probably Saturday - Saturday, but can be flexible with our travel dates).

Things we want:

1 bedroom / 1 bathroom

A parking stall, preferrable free

Full kitchen

Beach front

We are willing to spend around $1200 for the week. Aloha Kai is priced around $1000 for the week. I understand prices may change for next year, so we can be flexible. Is Aloha Kai the best bet for condo's in Siesta Key? I was very impressed with their setup - small condo complex with parking next to your villa, beach front, laundry, pool, lounge chairs, their location, etc.

Thanks!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,650 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What condo complex to stay at?

You are planning a visit at the height of Spring Break which has the highest rates, most crowds and fewest available units...Are you flexible on dates?

If it is just you and your husband have you considered Crescent Towers?

www.crescenttowers.com

$1,200/week during high season for beachfront will be tough to find.

There are many options..not sure about the rates, however.

You can also go back to Aloha Kai.. I don't consider it the best place to stay on Siesta Key...it is in your price range, however.

www.vrbo.com

www.vacationrentals.com

~SRQgirl

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
60 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What condo complex to stay at?

We want to travel some time during the month of March. We plan on attending a few MLB spring training games in Ft. Myers, but want to stay in Siesta Key. The games are scheduled during the entire month of March so it doesn't matter what week we travel. Do you recommend any specific week in March? We understand it will be busy and crowded at most places!

We just started our search so we will have to check out the Crescent Towers. There are so many condos to review, I'm feeling overwhelmed!

We are flexible with prices and could pay up to $1800 for the week. I based my range around Aloha Kai's prices because I haven't searched other condos yet. How much will rates increase from 2012 to 2013, 3-5% based upon inflation or higher?

What are your favorite condos within that price range? How soon can I book to ensure I have a place to stay?

Thanks!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,650 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What condo complex to stay at?

Ah..baseball..now I understand...also look at Ed Smith stadium next year.

I don't know when Easter falls in 2013...avoid that week.

The crowds have to do with school schedules..when they are out, and that varies. Some are off in February and some in March..lodging rates drop in May. And, like yourself, baseball and sun draw tourists.

I haven't got any idea what the rates will be in March 2013...supply and demand. Some places have a 2 week minimum...many are 2/2.

When you say "beachfront" do you mean the unit location is on the beach or on the beach side. Big difference.

I would have to check rates on all condos to find something in your range. I will give you some of the more popular places to research:

Crescent Towers

Sea Club V

Crystal Sands

Palm Bay Club

Sea Shell

House of the Sun

Sea Crest Apartmernts

Jamaica Royale

Sandbox on the Beach (no pool)

Midnight Cove-Gulfside

Motels close to the beach:

Tropical Shores Resort www.tropicalshores.com

SaraSea Resort

Tropical Sun

Capri Inn

www.siestakeychamber.com

Try those websites I gave you in the previous post.

You might want to book a year in advance. Many people do.

~SRQgirl

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
60 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What condo complex to stay at?

Yes, we will try to avoid Easter if it lands in March 2013. Otherwise, we are flexible with the dates. However, we must see some baseball! : )

We are looking for a condo complex that is located on the beach/gulf side. Our specific unit does not have to have a view of the ocean or direct access to the beach. We just don't want to stay at a condo and then walk across the street for beach access.

Thank you for all your help! We will have to check out your suggested condos. We are hoping to book by March 2012 to ensure we have a place to stay!

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for Siesta Key
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What condo complex to stay at?

Easter 2013 is March 31. Spring break weeks will be from mid Feb. to mid April. Many condos don't take reservations for next year until after this season is over. When they know which current guests are returning next year.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What condo complex to stay at?

Go Twins. My daughters boyfriend plays for them. Trevor Plouffe. Hope they have a better season this year

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
60 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What condo complex to stay at?

Good to know. I will start calling in early April for reservations.

Yes, I know Trevor. He has a lot of potential and I hope the Twins do better this year too! I actually watched his first debut game in the MLB in Boston last year. He hit a HR too!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What condo complex to stay at?

I remember that one over the green monster. He batted 500 that day.

Good luck on your condo search. March is a tough month. You might also try Venice beach area. May be less demand but also nice location. Venice beach is between Ft Meyers and Siesta Key.

Go Twins

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What condo complex to stay at?

Go Twins. My daughters boyfriend plays for them. Trevor Plouffe. Hope they have a better season this year

You are correct. Must book a year in advance from Feb to 2nd Week in April. Midnight cove does weekly but is like many of the condos on the beach repeat guests get 1st right of o refusal. If you find it difficult to stay in SK you might opt for Venice beach. It is only 20 mins from siesta key and closed to Ft Meyers. Srq girl knows her stuff but March is really a tough month to get ahead of repeat guests. I have booked the same unit for years at crystal sands to keep my position for the several weeks a year that I visit. If you give up great unit in a good complex it is like starting all over again.

You are such a positive fan for the Twins. do you have someone in your circle playing in aaa or MLB in spring trainig?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
60 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What condo complex to stay at?

I'm staying positive to finding a location. Hopefully one open up for us! Venice beach is always an option. We are lucky and can be flexible with our travel dates - just need to make sure we can see a few Twins games!

I'm just a HUGE Twins fan! I don't know anyone on the Twins personally, although I wish I did : ) A few friends of mine went to high school with Joe, but I don't know him. I follow the team pretty close so I'm familar with the past, curent and future aaa players. Sounds like Trevor will be playing outfield this season. We have partial season tickets and try to catch a game or two on the road. It's fun!

Does your daughter travel to a lot of the games? 68 days until the home opener at Target Field!

Get answers to your questions about Siesta Key