We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silly Question

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
174 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Silly Question

On the beach at the lighthouse today we say some strange globs. Everyone we asked did not know what they were but were also curious. .What are the globs of jelly that are shaped like a tube?

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silly Question

Is it that blob stuff...kind of gray colored...looks like "snot" only harder? If that is what you are talking about....it was on the beaches when we were there too. Not sure what it is....some kind of sea life I suppose. I hope someone will post about it that knows what it is.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silly Question

yeh.. i saw them too, still wonder what it was)

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
878 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silly Question

Sounds like "sea pork", a natural marine organism. I recall seeing it last year about this time as well:

sanibelseaschool.org/blog/…

USA
Level Contributor
174 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silly Question

Thank you! I studied the Sanibel Sea School site. Sea Pork is exactly what we saw on the beach. Great web site.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Silly Question

Yuck! They actually look like ..... something else ;-)

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silly Question

Thanks, I learned something new!

7. Re: Silly Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 14:27