We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photos

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
photos

I posted a few new pictures - check out the size of those horse conchs!

1. Re: photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 March 2009, 13:12
Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: photos

The orange conch is so beautiful. Love your pictures!

Tampa,Florida
Level Contributor
194 posts
3. Re: photos

You found a Scotch Bonnet? that thud you hear is me hitting the floor!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: photos

Hey Alice - the big conchs were plentiful on the sand bars - but were alive, so pic only were taken.

The scotch bonnet I found in November in front of sundial.

5. Re: photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 April 2009, 16:13
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: photos

The creature inside them is bright orange - i'll try to post a pic of the insides.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: photos

Ok, posted two more pics of different conchs, you can see the insides. They should be up soon.

des plaines, IL
Level Contributor
322 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: photos

Hi Sunny: wonderful pictures. I love the one of the starfish that looks like he is waving to you!

Tulsa
Level Contributor
123 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: photos

Hi, Sunny! I love the photos you posted! I compared your mystery shell photo to the ones in my shelling books and it sure looks to me like you found a Scotch Bonnet. Too cool!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
10. Re: photos

Thanks - I have since figured out that it is an albino scotch bonnet - really happy to have found that.

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island
Recent Conversations