We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling by bike from the Driftwood Inn

ksv
Minnesota
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
travelling by bike from the Driftwood Inn

Hi All,

My family and I are coming to Sanibel the first week of March. We're staying at the Driftwood Inn and were planning on just using a rental car. However, I'm wondering if we can dump the rental car at the airport (after our brief trip to the Everglades) and take a shuttle to Sanibel. Then, use bikes while we're there.

Here's the caveat, we have a 13 year old and a nine year old. I can't really imagine riding bikes with them at night. Am I wrong about that?

Thanks,

Kristin

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling by bike from the Driftwood Inn

Check the costs - $60 each way with shuttle, see if there are charges for additional persons. There are no street lights, so it will be very dark on Donax street.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
467 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling by bike from the Driftwood Inn

Keep in mind that it get dark in Florida early in March..the same as the rest of the country. I don't think I would want to be riding around after dark with children. Biking is wonderful on the island, but it would be a bit far to some destinations on the island or to Captiva.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling by bike from the Driftwood Inn

Keep the rental car. If you want to ride a bike on Sanibel after dark you must have a headlight and a taillight. If you get caught without either one then it's a $70.00 fine.

4. Re: travelling by bike from the Driftwood Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 19:29