We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Wind, Song of Sea or other?

Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
West Wind, Song of Sea or other?

We have booked at both Song of Sea and West Wind Inn and I'm looking for some feedback as this is our first trip to Sanibel. If you are familiar with these hotels you will have an idea of the type of place we are seeking.

We will be on Sanibel for just 3 nights (DH, myself, and DD5) for some very laid back beach time. My DD LOVES to hunt for shells so that is why I picked Sanibel.

Just wondering which hotel might be better for us of the two booked or if someone has a better suggestion. We want beachfront, with a decent pool, nice rooms but don't need a kitchen or sitting area. SO not really interested in condos or cottages.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
2,271 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Wind, Song of Sea or other?

SOng of the Sea allows children, but is geared toward adults. I would choose West Wind Inn of the two - but also look at Seaside Inn or Sanibel Inn. They all have nice reviews, so I think you'd be happy at any of them. There is also a holiday inn that is in a nice location.

Mentioned in this post
Song of the Sea
Song of the Sea
768 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
2,271 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Sanibel Inn
Sanibel Inn
1,444 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
New Jersey
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Wind, Song of Sea or other?

I do have to agree with Sunny. We have a 6 year old daughter and stayed at Seaside Inn for a week in November. We really enjoyed our stay there. It's a nice size room and there's a small trail right out to the beach. And we came home with a huge amount of shells. We bought two small glass containers to put some of the smaller shells in for my daughter's room, and have plenty left.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Wind, Song of Sea or other?

We love West Wind Inn, which is absolutely perfect for a laid-back, relaxing vacation. Great shelling on the beach right there, big clean pool, good food at the pool bar. Rooms a nice size, with wonderful staff and service. I can't wait to go back there! :-)

Mentioned in this post
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
2,271 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Wind, Song of Sea or other?

WWI would be my preferred choice of your 2. It's a much quieter location.

Also nearby is Sunset Beach resort which is similar to WWI.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Wind, Song of Sea or other?

Am heading to the West Wind Inn with spouse next week for the 17th year in a row. Clean rooms, nice staff, excellent location for walking the beach and tons of shells; child friendly; also, the pool is beautiful and well-maintained with a nice deck above it for lunch with a wonderful view. The lunch deck includes the very nice pool bar which is quiet but fun as Happy Hour approaches. With 2 reservations for the same time, I hope you give them plenty of notice if you're not going to stay there.

Mentioned in this post
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
2,271 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Southeast PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Wind, Song of Sea or other?

We loved the West Wind Inn when we went last May. Made our reservations to go back this year too. Our girls are 10 & 2. Both had a blast! Loved our Family Beach special!(available starting in May I believe) Adjoining rooms: one w/king & other with kitchenette and 2 dbl beds. The onsite restaurant had great deal (we went for breakfast)kids ate free! Great staff and pool as well. Superb beach access and shelling. The more I type the more excited I get...can't wait to get back! Good luck & have fun!

Mentioned in this post
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
2,271 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
7. Re: West Wind, Song of Sea or other?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 22:20