We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned!

OK
Level Contributor
216 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned!

Where to start?? We stayed at Jake's for 3 nights before we headed to Negril. Two things...first, 3 nights wasn't near long enough, especially considering the drive from MoBay and, second, I'm not sure if we'll ever go back to Negril!

Jake's and Treasure Beach was absolutely everything we hoped it would be. The laid back atmosphere was perfect for me (hubby would have liked a little more action LOL). We've been to Jamaica 13 times and the people are what keep us coming back, but the people of TB were so much friendlier than even the nicest people we've met!

Why it took us so long to experience this part of the island is beyond me but, we will definitely be back.

Considering what we normally pay to stay at one of the all-inclusive resorts in Negril, TB/Jake's was a bargain!

We only ventured off property once and that was to have breakfast at Smurfs. It was delicious and, again, the people were so friendly. I saw someone mention MacGuyver in another post, and he was there playing his guitar the morning we went.

We had our driver, Ashton Pitt, stop shortly after we left the airport to exchange money and get some beer and snacks to take with us. That was an interesting experience!

I've posted a full review of Jake's with pics but, if anyone has specific questions, I'll try to answer them.

Thank you to everyone who gave me tips and advice prior to our trip.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Smurfs Cafe
$, Caribbean, Cafe, Jamaican
Pelican Bar
$, Caribbean, Seafood, Jamaican
Hold a Vibz Cafe
$, Cafe, Healthy, Jamaican
5 replies to this topic
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,409 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned!

This is how it starts.....

So glad you had a good time! you'll be back, it sounds like :D

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,409 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned!

Just read your review - technically Jack Sprat is also off property :)

Next time you can check the sports park, frenchmans and eggys, maybe ride out to great bay....now that you see how easy it is to move about there.

OK
Level Contributor
216 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned!

Liz - yes, I guess technically, we did venture off property more than once since we went to Jack Sprat a couple of times LOL. Since we could walk through the grounds of Jake's to Jack Sprat, it didn't seem off property!

The day we went to Smurf's, we did go to the beach where Eggy's is located (Frenchman's??) and walked and took some pics. Of course Eggy's wasn't open since it was early, but I can see how it would be a great place to chill for a while.

I loved how easy it was to walk around the area and would have explored more if we had been there longer.

We will definitely be back!

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
962 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned!

Thank you for sharing. How long is the drive from the airport?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,834 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned!

The shortest drive to Treasure Beach is the inland route that takes about 2.5 hours.

If you decide on the coastal route via Negril, the drive time is 3.5 hours.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Just returned!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Elizabeth Parish