We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Bands

Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Bands

We are staying at pop in October for our first time in Florida and I've read a few people who have stayed in pop recently had magic bands.

How do you know if you'll get the magic bands?

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
28 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Bands

Check your My Disney App and it will say to Customize your Magic Bands along the right side. I did not receive any type of notification from Disney but found that I could Customize and start scheduling Fast Passes about 60 days before our arrival. 49 more to go!!

pa
Level Contributor
54,302 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Bands

It is still in the Testing Phase. Pop, contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge guests have been getting them. The complete roll out is rumored to be November but reports are coming in that they are ahead of schedule so it is "possible" you will get them in October

There are updates going on at www.disboards.com

Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Bands

Thanks for the info, we are going to contact our TA to get our reservation number for the My Disney Experience

Stoutsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
308 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Bands

I checked my disney experience every night before bed then it was there about a week ago. No email or slug mail. If you don't do the customizing they'll send gray ones. I'm going October 6th at pop

Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Bands

We went to Thomsons tonight and got them to phone Disney who then gave them our US confirmation number. Came home and linked everything up, so simple :)

We have customised our magic bands and we'll pick them up when we get there because we are coming from UK. It's added to the excitement, DD's were so excited to pick their colours and so were we lol.

Michigan
Level Contributor
3 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Bands

Visit mydisneyexperience.com and try to link your reservation. We are currently at the Pop and have Magic Bands. If you book directly through Disney, call and ask.

Essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic Bands

Hello, wondering if you can help. I live in the UK and I am visiting Walt Disney World with my sister next March. My booking has been linked to the My Disney Experience system on the Disney website but I do not seem to have the option to customise our Magic Bands. Do we have to wait till a certain date? Also I am able to book dinner reservations but unable to select Fast Pass options? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank You Lisa

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic Bands

The magic bands have not opened up for everyone yet like partypa said maybe around November, once they open up sounds like you won't be able to reserve fast passes / customize magic bands til around 60 days out. Dining reservations are always available 180 days out.

Essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic Bands

Thanks this was useful x

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
747 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magic Bands

Received our notice by ups. Set everything up yesterday. So convient. Can't wait. Oct 16th can't come soon enough!!!