We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

Durham, Uk
Level Contributor
81 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

I am checking into the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Seaworld in the 29th May. I need to have a parcel send to my while in American, and want to know if they hotel would allow this?

In the UK it is quite common to do this, even before we arrive, but I don't know if this is the case in the US. It may arrive 5 days before I get there and is worth around $200 and is merchandise.

Is this common practice in the US?

What other ways could I receive a package while I am there before I arrive?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from USD 54.99*
USD 59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from USD 128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from USD 49.99*
USD 87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from USD 168.99*
Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

I have done this in the USA just make sure you put your arrival date and reservation number on the parcel and you should be ok.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

I was thinking of buying, something in the US, and getting it sent to the hotel, before I arrived. I emailed the hotel and they said they would hold it for me. In the end I didn't buy the product, but believe they will hold the package. This was another Hilton brand hotel.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
761 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

I have not done this myself, but I understand some hotels may charge for this.

Durham, Uk
Level Contributor
81 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

Thank you everyone for your replies :) x

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,003 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

As long as you have a reservation at the hotel they would hold it. Don't know if they charge though. And ask the vendor to label the package: Incoming Guest, Joe Smith, Address, etc.

Edited: 18 May 2013, 20:54
glasgow
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

I do this regularly, buy things from Abercrombie &Fitch website, save a fortune and get it delivered to the hotel... They will charge around $5 handling fee, but well worth it to save $$$$

Dublin
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

Just wondering how you access A and F American site from a UK server? Also, don't they require a US billing address to purchase from it. Let me know how you do it as have been trying to do the same thing in vain.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

It's a good idea to call the hotel and let them know you're expecting a package; they can add notes to your reservation about this.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,752 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

Do not have the shipper put any identifying information on the parcel like your reservation number. But yes,we do this frequently-we ship our luggage instead of checking it and order items sent to the hotel. Call the hotel first,ask them if its okay(many do not have the storage space to accomodate this request) and have the shipper write "Hold for arrival" on the package.If you don't ask in advance,don't expect the hotel to hold the package for you .

10. Re: Will my hotel in Orlando let me send a parcel to them?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 16:16