We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowd Calendars - Are they worth paying attention to?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Basingstoke...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
Crowd Calendars - Are they worth paying attention to?

Has anyone used crowd calendars and found them to be useful or any good?

We have so much to do we would obviously like to go on quieter days and are planning which days to do what but I wanted to see if they were reliable and worth working around or if they dont tend to be right?

Thanks!

Basingstoke...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Crowd Calendars - Are they worth paying attention to?

Thanks everyone you have really helped!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Crowd Calendars - Are they worth paying attention to?

I wouldn't give them too much attention although I would plan on visiting disney on non EMH days

Cherry

Southampton
Level Contributor
70 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Crowd Calendars - Are they worth paying attention to?

I always use and have found them pretty accurate. Best advice though is to get there for rope drop. Also, most people go left, so go right at entrance. Have a great time.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,417 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Crowd Calendars - Are they worth paying attention to?

They're pretty much "guesstimates." A few years back we went to Epcot, the park was supposed to be a 6 that day which means not terribly busy but it was very busy indeed and we got there for the rope drop, Later thay "revised" their estimate and said it was an 8 which means pretty busy and it was. The three best things to do is go during a less busy time of year, (fall is good), avoid EMH days even if you are staying at a Disney resort, and get there for the rope drop. This year when we went to Epcot the crowds were less and we had a great time.

Manchester
Level Contributor
372 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Crowd Calendars - Are they worth paying attention to?

Hi,

We have just got back and used the crowd calendars. A good example is that we visited Hollywood Studios on a low crowd day and went on every ride no problems, we used the fast past system to save a 30 minute wait at the most. We then visited Hollywood Studios on a whim and found the park to be packed, we were at Toy Story at 1030 and found the fast passes were for 1700+.

The best advice I can give you is get there for park opening.

Basingstoke...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Crowd Calendars - Are they worth paying attention to?

Thank everyone

Does anyone know the wdw calendar take into account emh days?

I had a quick look at that and changed round a few days so fingers crossed it'll be all good and we will be sure to get there early and go right :)

Atlanta
Level Contributor
124 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Crowd Calendars - Are they worth paying attention to?

I use them to plan. I do not pay for them, use the free one at undercover tourist and mostly to see which park has EMH so I can avoid that park.

18. Re: Crowd Calendars - Are they worth paying attention to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 23:18