We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
118 reviews
173 helpful votes
Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

Today it was forecast to rain from 12pm but the kids were looking forward to Typhoon Lagoon and as it didn't open until 10, they got that precious extra hour in bed!

We had ridden all of the slides by about 11.30 so the rest of the time we chilled in the lazy river and in the wave pool. The wave pool was too intense for one twin (even tho she's a good swimmer) - she got grazes on her feet and knees the first time it knocked her over so she refused to go back in. The other two loved it. We went round the shark reef thing and before you get in, you sit on the edge and push yourself down. It's quite a rough texture and I must have done it wrong (how many ways are there to get off a ledge???) but I grazed right under my butt into the top of my thighs (sorry if you're eating :)) but you couldn't believe how painful it was and I walked like John Wayne for the rest of the day because I couldn't bear anything touching it - also did a lot of standing up ;)

The weather was still glorious at 2 but our days are going so quickly and there's still stuff to do so we left and went to Disney Quest. This is the first time the girls have been and they loved it as much as anything else we've done. They said that the Cyberspace Mountain ride was better than Sum of all Thrills at Epcot and they loved the Pirates, Magic Carpets, Rafting rides plus they spent ages on the driving games and in the 'Create It' bit. I loved the Astro Orbiters (very clever didgems) but it takes two and we all fell out about lousy shooting/driving lol. They liked it much more than I expected but it had started bouncing it down outside so was beginning to get very busy. Up until then - we'd walked straight on to everything.

So we went to Premium Outlets on the I4. I used to love it here but this time, I didn't think the prices were much better than at home. Sketchers fit flop things were between 35 - 50 dollars (not sure how much they are at home but I wouldn't have thought they were much more expensive?). Girls spin sketchers were €50. The Nike Outlet wasn't that much cheaper than the sports outlets at home.

We did get some stuff in the sale tho. Bought some DKNY t's and some Tommy Girl stuff including raincoats, baseball jacket and swimwear for the twins. All at good prices and stuff that I've not seen back home.

I looked everywhere for the Ugg and Converse shop but to no avail - can anyone tell me where these are please?

Ended the night with a late meal at Uno's - pretty good (pizza skins!). But still finding it difficult to sit down :(

Lovely day but very tired and my feet are killing. I don't think I've ever walked so far in my life....

wigan
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
85 reviews
52 helpful votes
1. Re: Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

Lol, You have to do training to do all the walking in florida,i keep telling my sister we should start power walking. As its her first time in september,and i really dont think she gets it at all,its so tireing and even if you have the most comfiest shoes in the world,it definately takes its toll on your poor feet!

Lovin your trip reports.

Marish

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
2. Re: Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

love your trip reports!!

the walking is great as i always eat far too much in Florida lol.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
72 reviews
35 helpful votes
3. Re: Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

Get some sudacream on it, works for everything as you will know....:)

We had the same thought in Premium outlets about the pricing, converse shop is opposite the Adidas shop in the corner, no real bargains though..

Glad you enjoyed Quest, did you get it as part of your package?..

Have a top day..

trill

Leicester
Level Contributor
250 posts
26 reviews
18 helpful votes
4. Re: Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

made me lol - thats why im not a fan of water parks - i always seem to get hurt too!! BF cant understand why i dont want to go on the slides etc oreven in the wave pool - i'm quite clumsy and trip alot anyway, let alone when there are waves to knock you over.

hope it feels better soon!! Disney quest sounds good - really looking forward to doing that

Beth

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,305 posts
113 reviews
119 helpful votes
5. Re: Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

Another good day for You , but time passes fast now lol start shopping girl

Mutter

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
24 helpful votes
6. Re: Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

I think the ugg store is at the other outlet I know there's 1 at the top and one at the bottom of international drive, 1 has Victoria's secret and the other has the ugg store (not that I've researched it at all) I think that's right!

Peacehaven, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
13 reviews
47 helpful votes
7. Re: Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

The ugh shop is at the outlets at top of intl drive... Fab trip reports!

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
29 reviews
17 helpful votes
8. Re: Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

Looking the TR'S. Hope your bum gets better soon ;)

A x

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
106 reviews
45 helpful votes
9. Re: Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

Another great day!!!

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
10. Re: Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon, Quest & Shopping

Ugg store and Converse can be found at Premium Outlets, VIneland Avenue.

I am a size 5, so got my UGG's last year for only $99, amazing value and I love them. If you need a size 6 or more then they were $149 which is still less than half the price in the UK, so well worth the visit.

I found Converse to be about half the price too, and always get a couple of pairs for Old Foster Children, (it has become a bit of a tradition).

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.