We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

OKC
Level Contributor
409 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

I am looking for a good hotel with nice pool for 5-6 years olds kids close to disney and transportation to the park. I would like to spend 250 per night and I think I could get a better hotel if I deicde to stay in an non-disney resort

please help (going in June)

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

For your budget, you can stay at a very nice Disney Resort. If your destination is Disney Parks, it doesn't get much better than to be on Disney Property, IMHO of course. You would have all your Transportation taken care of, to all the Parks as well as to and from the Airport. ( MCO) They all have wonderful Pools. You can even add Tickets and the Disney Dining Plan, one neat little package, no stress, no worry.

There is a nice Room Discount for stays til mid June, must be booked by Today however. Next Promotion for stays after June 15th should be announced once the current offer expires

Have a look at your Disney Resort Options

http://allears.net/acc/resortvids.htm

More info if needed

OKC
Level Contributor
409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

where did you see those promotions? please give me the link

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

There are always some discounts :)

Current offer, must be booked by Today

dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/packages/…save30

Rumor has it, the New Summer offers will be announced March 1st

For a history of Disney Discounts

mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

OKC
Level Contributor
409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

Thanks!!

Last question, so normally we could get better prices in sites different than the official disney resort website?

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

I like staying at the Marriott Harbour Lake. They have one and two bedrooms with kitchen, screened in balcony, washer/dryer, livingroom, pirate ship pool, another pool with bigger waterslide, kids activities, mini golf, and gated community. They do not have shuttle to the parks though. It is around the corner from Seaworld. My boys love it there!

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,127 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

We like the Caribe Royale on world center drive Pool is awesome and free shuttles which we use a lot despite having a car.

Va
Level Contributor
10,984 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

You will always get better accomodations off site than on. For $250 a night at disney you could get a nice room, but for $125 a night you could get a 2 bedroom with full kitchen, 2 baths, washer dryer, etc. at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. The Caribe Royale as mentioned is a solid choice as well. They have a great pool area.

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

You can get the Disney Discounts if you book with Disney Direct or with an Official and Authorized Disney Travel Agent such as your local AAA ( if you are a member) or an on line agent such as www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com OR www.smallworldvacations.com that offer whatever Disney Discounts are available and authorized

You get alot for your money staying at Disney Reaorts, IMHO of course. The Free Transportation to all the Disney Parks as well as to and from the Airport ( MCO ) alone can save quite a bit, no need for a car rental or transfers and No Parking fees. Take all that in to account when comparing costs. You will also save alot of time. It will be very hot and humid in June, it will be nice to be close to the Parks so you can pop back to your Resort mid afternoon for a swim and to recharge for evening fun. Disney Resort Guests have the advantage of extra magic Hours, it's alot nicer, cooler after the sun goes down :)

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,329 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

You will get much more for your money offsite. Marriott Grande Vista is very nice,great pool. Hilton Bonnet Creek is terrific. Buena Vista Palace and Hilton,both at DTD have nice pools,very good prices and nice rooms.Residence Inn LBV is a great choice,free breakfast and full kitchen.

Missouri
Level Contributor
870 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WHere to stay close to disney with the best pool for kids

You could also rent a 4 bedroom 4 bath house in a gated communtiy with its own pool and a huge community pool with slides etc for about the same amount or less, depending on the time of year. I've stayed at Windsor Hills. You can take a look at the houses at www.floridasunvacationhomes.com There are also other rental companies that have houses in this neighborhood. I've stayed on site and off site and I prefer the space and separate rooms a rental house gives you with small kids