We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast options when staying at Waldorf

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
57 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast options when staying at Waldorf

Hi there we will be staying at the Waldorf Astoria for 10 nights in July and I'm wondering what other breakfast options we would have when staying there as not keen on the 28 dollar price tag particularly as none of us are huge breakfast eaters. Does anyone know the price at the Adjacent Hilton Bonnett Creek, and can no guests eat there for Breakfast. Are there many snack type places in disney where we could just grab something light eg fruit platter, yoghurt, croissants or something similar.

Thanks

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast options when staying at Waldorf

I stayed at the Hilton (which is attached to the Waldorf and you can walk over to it) in September 2010. If I remember correctly there's a coffee shop type place there that sold muffins, cereal, and those kinds of things. Certainly cheaper than the sit-down breakfast.

Every Disney park also has counter service places opened in the morning where you can pick up the same kind of thing.

You might also want to take a look into Garden Grocer and have some things delivered. I'm not sure if the rooms in the Waldorf have a small fridge, but you can also order some dry items. If you're renting a car, or taking a taxi from the airport to the Waldorf it might be worth it to stop at a WalMart or Publix before heading to the hotel.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
38 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast options when staying at Waldorf

Just stayed at the Waldorf this past weekend. The buffet is 28 dollars, but they also have an a la carte menu on which you can order things for much less than that. Also, if you're staying in a suite, they have a refrigerator, so you can stop by the grocery store and buy some things for breakfast there to stock up.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,262 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast options when staying at Waldorf

I'm with the above posters-stock your in room fridge with yogurt and milk and juice;get some cereal and rolls and you are all set for breakfast. But there's lots of places at the parks where you can grab a snack-about every 10 feet in fact. You don't need to pay $28 for breakfast

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast options when staying at Waldorf

I just spent part of yesterday afternoon exploring the Waldorf and the Hilton that is connected to it. We found two counter-style spots in the Hilton that had pastries, muffins, etc. to either take to go or eat at nearby tables. While I remember more sweets, since it was mid-afternoon, they did have chocolate croissants (which were pretty good), and I would expect them to have more breakfast pastries in the morning. They were just a two-minute or so walk from the Waldorf through the convention center.

Newtown, Connecticut
Level Contributor
13 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast options when staying at Waldorf

We stayed at the Waldorf in Sept. 2011 with our 4 kids. We ate breakfast at Harvest in the Hilton part of the hotel. It was a good deal for the 6 of us because the kids ate free (not sure if that is still the case). We had big breakfasts and ate just a little for lunch to maximize ride time at the parks. There is a coffee shop on the Hilton side that has great illy coffee, but for breakfast the selection at the shop is slim. Mostly sugary pastries.

6. Re: Breakfast options when staying at Waldorf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2013, 19:33