We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big NYE Surprise announcement news- updated info

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Topic
Big NYE Surprise announcement news- updated info

Below is from Miceage.

(The big surprise to be announced on Dick Clark's New Years Eve show is the gimmicky 24 hour bi-coastal party on Leap Year Day this Feb in the parks, plus more WDW discounts and a continuation of the Memories campaign.)

I hope there is more to it than that! that can't be it. can it??? A bit disappointed if so.

Jos

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big NYE Surprise announcement news- updated info

Me too. When you hear "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" you want something more than yesterday's leftovers.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,927 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big NYE Surprise announcement news- updated info

I was reading a article that said Disney would be announcing something in place of Tom Sawyers Island real soon.

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Big NYE Surprise announcement news- updated info

i hope it's way more than what Miceage is reporting, but they are usually right with their info

Jos

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
18,907 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big NYE Surprise announcement news- updated info

Gee,Disney has been talking about something to replace River Country since it closed(and we still have tickets to discovery island!)the only annoucement they could make that would surpirse people is if they lowered the ticket price and they aren't going to do that

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,927 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big NYE Surprise announcement news- updated info

I remember reading that it was a enviromental issue for River Country.

I will be happy with any announcement, I loved the plugs during the parade on tv. Anything Disney is good for me.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,352 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big NYE Surprise announcement news- updated info

Hazardous water bacteria and E-Coli in the lake water were the final "dooms" for River Country.

7. Re: Big NYE Surprise announcement news- updated info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 21:18