We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
718 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

Hi TripAdvisor friends! I just returned yesterday from a 10-day trip to the World. With a family of 5 on the Dining Plan, we had 50 snack credits between us. Here is a countdown of the Top 10 Best-Used DP Snack Credits from our trip:

10. Sweet Pretzel (Epcot - Kringla Bakeri in Norway) - I had read a lot about this and seen pictures, and I was very excited to try it, but it was just OK - kind of like a danish.

9. Butterfinger Cupcake (DHS - Starring Rolls) - I was dying to try this from the pictures I had seen. It was a little different than I expected - the Butterfinger topping formed a kind of hard shell over the frosting. I like sweet, but the frosting was just a little much for me. The cupcake itself was good, and the chocolate center was delish!

8. Itzakadoozies (DHS - Fantasmic stadium) - I had seen pictures of these too, and what we got was different from the pictures. I expected a long spiral ice pop, but these were smaller and shaped like traditional popcycles. They had three layers with different flavors, and my kids gave them three thumbs up.

7. Frozen Lemonade (DHS - Min & Bill's Dockside Diner) - We got a round for the whole family, and these were better than expected - a light, fluffy consistency and not too sweet or sour. Very refreshing when we were hot and thirsty!

6. M&M Brownie (DHS - Starring Rolls) - My daughter's snack choice, which she shared with me. Rich and delishious, just like it looks.

5. Carrot Cake Cookie (DHS - Writer's Stop) - This was huge and awesome. The only thing cookie-ish about it was the shape - it's basically two pieces of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting sandwiched between them.

4. Magic Cookie Bar (Port Orleans Riverside - Riverside Mill) - Wonderful cookie bars with chocolate and butterscotch chips, nuts and coconut. If you cut it in half, it would still be a good sized treat.

3. School Bread (Epcot - Kringla Bakeri in Norway) - Great! This has a coconut flavor and a cream-filled center.

2. Dole Whip Float (Magic Kingdom - Aloha Isle) - We got pineapple ice cream with pineapple juice. The pineapple ice cream was sublime! Next time I'd get it without the pineapple juice.

1. Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel (Animal Kingdom - various carts) - This was great! Served warm and filled with jalapeno cheese. It was not very spicy at all, and all three of my kids loved it. I can't wait to go back and get another one (or two, or three....)

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
18,886 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

Great guide to snacks-and your choices sound more appealing than a package of chips

UK
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

Thanks - I am always trying to get my children to use their snack credits for something other than popcorn!

wigan UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

sounds delish mmmmm..... :-))

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
10,832 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

Dole Whip!!! Now yer talkin! Good list there. Lots of peeps seem to overlook Starring Rolls,meaning that it gets crowded,but not mentioned very often on this forum. Their cupcakes are out of this world. I agree about the carrot cake cookie too!

Disney is a paradise for people that have a weakness for sweets. ;+D

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
718 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

We stopped by Starring Rolls mid-morning, and there was a line out the door! It moved through pretty quickly, though, and it's worth it! Notice that 9 out of 10 on my list are sweets - we never even tried the popcorn!

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

LOL- Dole whip would fill numbers 1-10 for me!

Jos

pa
Level Contributor
53,569 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

Yum :)

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

Now I'm hungry!! Sounds yummy!!

Lou73

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
718 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

Here's one I forgot - I would put this around #5 on the list - Caramel Marshmallow Swirl from Karamell Kuche in Germany at Epcot!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - Best Use of Snack Credits

Nice list, there are definitely some items that offer ‘more bang for your buck’ with the snack credits. The first couple of days I used the dining plan, we were spending our snack credits on things like water. I soon realised that we could practically have a meal out of our snack credits, stretching our dining plan further.

A couple I would add, the cinnamon rolls at POR, we would have one of these for breakfast and they were seriously filling!

Also, did you not get to try the beignets at POFQ? They are sublime! Just don’t take them back to your room to eat, it looks like an explosion of icing sugar when you are done!