We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

We are leaving for our Orlando holiday in 2 weeks...(Time has gone by so quick). Had so much fun planning and booking everything.(thank you to all of you, for your great helpful advice)

Due to our family being so keen and eager to go, hubby wants to pack now.... I want to wait and pack a couple of days before we are due to fly out..

So i was curious to know how soon do you start packing b4 your holidays?

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

I started 3 weeks before I went.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

I will also start 3 weeks before we go which is in 6 weeks time x yippee x let your hubby pack, that's great, mine wouldn't even know where to start x :)

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

We are already packed ..and still 11 days to go..:-)

Its my first trip to Orlando..Can't Wait!!!!!!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

The night before we go

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

The day before we go I pack clothes. I can't stand them getting really creased and having to iron them again. Don't mind getting bits together earlier so I don't forget anything though.

West yorkshire
Level Contributor
665 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

I am going in three weeks and have started packing - I can't do anything at all that doesn't turn into something to do with my holiday - started cleaning and then that turned into putting things into a drawer for the holiday - started putting ironing away and that turned into putting clothes to one side to take to Florida - all I can think about is Florida so if that means packing now - I'm doing it!!!! Hahaha

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

I believe someone called it 'premature packulation' on here which I think is very apt.

I pack the day before, tried doing it earlier but then ended up repacking coz couldn't remember if I had put this or that in.

Mind you packing now consists of 3 pairs shorts, 3 tops,2 pairs shoes, underwear and swimming things.................sorted. We buy anything else we need once we get there.So not a lot to pack anyway :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

I just thought my hubby was been so eager but looks like it is the norm to start packing about now.... The only thing is i know if i pack now, i will repack at least 2 or 3 more times.... hahaha

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

Floridashirl I wish my packing was so quick and easy... with 2 young kids i don't think i can be so lucky..

'premature packulation' i luv it. Lets see what hubby says when i diagnose him with it!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How early do you pack b4 your Holiday

Oh I remember having to pack when the kids were younger, dreaded it. I used to start piling things up on the spare bed weeks before and telling them they couldn't wear any of those things now coz they were ready for the holiday.

Life is so much easier now regarding the packing, the hard bit is leaving the home and hoping they don't destroy it before we get back ;-)