We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Segway tour Epcot

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Topic
Segway tour Epcot

I have seen this on another persons blog,

Are they still running this and how much does it cost?

We are going in January and we really like to do it :)

Thanks guys

AH xxx

Level Contributor
421 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Segway tour Epcot

We took the tour in September- it was fantastic. About $200 for 2 people, and it included a safety lesson and all the equipment, obviously. Very worth it, in our opinion. Due to the small group size, reservations book up fast, and we were first told nothing was available during our week, but to call again in case of a cancellation, which did work out in our favor. Have a great trip!

London, United...
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Segway tour Epcot

Thank you very much the advice, im glad you have said it is worth doing, looks so fun :) How did you book it? Before you went or while you are there?

AH xxx

London, United...
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Segway tour Epcot

Bump :)

AH x

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Segway tour Epcot

…go.com/tours-and-experiences/…

There you go :)

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Segway tour Epcot

There are several Segway tours. Around The World On A Segway is, IMHO, the best. It is now $95 pp. You spend an hour learning to ride the Segway and another hour riding around World Showcase while the guides give you a running commentary. I preferred the earlier tours given when the world Showcase isn't open. You get a more "behind-the-scenes" feel and you don't have to worry about people walking into you. I've done it twice and may do it a third time in a couple of years.

http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm#seg

East Coast
Level Contributor
250 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Segway tour Epcot

I agree 100% with Sudlow. Our EPCOT Segway tour (before World Showcase was open for the day) was a highlight of our stay. It took only a few minutes for me to shake my nerves and learn how to handle the Segway. The instruction is excellent and touring without crowds was a delight.

London, United...
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Segway tour Epcot

another quick question, are they really hot on the weight limit? My boyfriend is close to the limit so do they weigh you etc?

We REALLY want to do this so i hope not :)

Thanks again guys

AH xx

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Segway tour Epcot

I haven't been able to find anything about them weighing anyone, but from what I can gather, the weight limits are in place for balance of the segway. If you're too light or too heavy, the segway doesn't respond properly, or something.

I'd say the best thing to do is call to book it, and ask about the weight when you do.

Level Contributor
421 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Segway tour Epcot

we tried to book well in advance and were told everything was full, but to call again. I didn't want to be bothered with making calls while there, so called again the week before we left and got a reservation. They did not weigh anyone. if he is just under it should be ok. have fun!

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Segway tour Epcot

I agree with what the others said about weight limits. according to Segway's site, the actual limit is 260 lbs, so Disney is leaving some leeway. My guess is that they would only make it an issue is if someone was well over 250.

FWIW: On my first tour I was at 240