We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

Melbourne
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

We are a family of 4 staying in Orlando in August 2019. We are going to disney parks and universal. We dont want to hire a car.

We like the idea of staying at a resort or hotel with easy access to a lynx bus stop as we plan to eat out and shop at places along i drive. We love the look of the caribe royale resort but from what i can see theres no easy way to get to i drive on lynx buses?

All resort and hotel suggestions welcomed! 😀

13 replies to this topic
Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,370 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

That is correct, Caribe Royale would not be a bus-friendly place to be at all. Better to place yourselves on I-Drive proper. There is a Staybridge Suites hotel (the Sea World one) that is right by the "sweet spot" where several useful bus routes intersect, so you can get LYNX to Disney, I-Drive, shopping, outlets, the airport, all directly (no transfers). Otherwise anywhere else on I-Drive itself - and there are many, all shapes, sizes and prices - or the parallel part of Universal Blvd, will do.

You may find this helpful: https:/…pub

Melbourne
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

Thank you so much! 👍🏻

Melbourne
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

Scan60 are there any other hotels or resorts with better pools near that same sweet spot? As a family we’ll spend a few days playing in the pool, so we like a big one, maybe with water slides.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

https://www.cocokeyorlando.com

http://www.iridetrolley.com

Research via these links provided.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,370 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

I'm not an avid pool-dweller, so can't really help on hotel faciities. What I would say, though, is that there is a fairly big cost saver at Staybridge (and, indeed at certin other properties) and that's a "free" breakfast buffet. You would easily spend $10pp eating breakfast, if you include drinks. When you come to choose, do account for this (say $40 / day) when you compare rates. There are evening "goodiies" three or four nights per week, too.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

Thank you both for your help. I really appreciate it.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,732 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

You can use Google maps and GoLynx.com to search directions to and from specific addresses. The search results will show you the suggested Lynx bus routes and if there's any walking required.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

Thanks visit orlando! 👍🏻

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

Rosen inn international has the i-ride and lynx stops at your doorstep, hotel provides transport to all parks aswell, the location is in my opinion the best on idrive, we walked to universal from there a few times nice walk about 20\30 mins tho. We hired a car this year for the first time and it made out holiday 10x better, driving was so easy the roads are so big and easy to follow. No stress.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby

I'm actually a concierge at the Staybridge by Seaworld. We very seldom recommend the Lynx bus system (especially for families) as it can be a touch unreliable and take you twice as long to get to a destination. Here at Staybridge (as well as several other hotels in the area) we offer complimentary shuttles to most theme parks and local area attractions. Otherwise the I-Ride Trolley is much safer than the Lynx buses. Feel free to DM me for any other questions.

Reply to: Resort/ Hotel with lynx bus stop nearby
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted