We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise after Disney stay

Omagh, United...
1 post
Cruise after Disney stay

Hi, we are hoping to combine a cruise after a Disney holiday. Plan would be to go to Disney for 4/5 days then board a cruise to New York. Not interested in Caribbean as have done one already. Would like to cruise up the coast of American to arrive in Boston/New York. Any advice greatly appreciated. Travelling with 5 kids aged 16, 11, 9, 6, 4

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
19,054 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Cruise after Disney stay

Welcome to TA forums.

Your best source of all things cruise-related is Cruise Critic. https://www.cruisecritic.com/

I use a local cruise travel agent, but you could check itineraries here: http://www.vacationstogo.com/

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,186 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Cruise after Disney stay

What approximate dates ( summer / winter?? There are very few cruises that go from Florida Ports to Boston or New York in my experience- how many days are prepared to spend on the cruise?

Cruise Critic.com does have a cruise finder feature where you can plug in ports and dates as well as the duration cruise you'd like. I fear you may not find much to choose fromh. Many Boston cruises go to Canada or Bermuda- not Florida.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,186 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Cruise after Disney stay

The 156 cruises I find leaving from Port Canaveral (the port near Orlando) go to the Bahamas, the Caribbean or Mexico- none go up the east coast of the US.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
470 posts
4. Re: Cruise after Disney stay

There are no cruises between Florida and the Northeast. Generally, cruises from Florida ports sail to the Bahamas, the Caribbean, and Mexico, or the very occasional relocation cruises to Europe or the Panama Canal at the end of the winter season.

If you are traveling during late summer/early fall, you could fly to New York and then take a cruise through coastal New England and the Eastern Provinces of Canada, which would be beautiful.

Reply to: Cruise after Disney stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted