We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?

Mumbai, India
12 posts
Save Topic
Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?

We have only 1 day at Epcot. Our Tier 1 FP is reserved for Frozen Ever After later in the day. And we have another FP reserved for Spaceship Earth in the 9:55-10:55 AM window.

We plan to hit the park pre-opening hours and be there at Rope Drop. I've read mixed advice around Soarin' or Test Track first - but most of it has been for days below level 10.

Between TT & Soarin', I think Soarin' definitely takes priority for us and I feel that if we had only one to do, that's what we'd choose. However, since we have almost 2.5 hours before heading off to use our Spaceship Earth FP, I think we can squeeze both the rides in, albeit one of them will have not-insignificant wait time.

In that scenarios, does a TT followed by Soarin' make sense? Or do you feel that given it's going to be crowded day, only one of these might be possible in the morning hours, and we may have to just take a chance of waiting longer lines or getting a 4th FP later in the day?

Helpful responses will be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
25,404 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Spaceship Earth
Spaceship Earth
245 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Soarin'
Soarin'
580 Reviews
Orlando, FL
8 replies to this topic
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,135 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?

Maybe Soarin first, then over to TT & go in the single rider line?? Which moves quite quickly..

Or, TT first, then over to Soarin as they load quicker & do Living With The Land while over there..

If you’ve a “must do” then obviously go with that for your first ride:-):-)

Mentioned in this post
Soarin'
Soarin'
580 Reviews
Orlando, FL
essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?

I would do Soarin´ and then TT. The single rider lane is a big plus!

Mentioned in this post
Soarin'
Soarin'
580 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?

That's a tricky question. Logistically, Soarin has a much higher capacity now that there are three theaters (87 people cycling every 8 minutes or so x 3 theaters). Test Track launches 8 6 person cars every couple minutes. Test Tracks line will build at a faster rate and never come back down. It also has the build a car room which drains time too. I would be tempted to do Test Track at rope drop (maybe even as single rider to skip building the car) and hope to be through quick enough that Soarins line hasn't exploded by the time you get through.

That being said, if Soarin is your most important, I'd be hesitant to risk not doing it first thing.

Do not count on getting either as a 4th FP on a crowd 10 day.

Edited: 29 November 2017, 01:07
Mentioned in this post
Soarin'
Soarin'
580 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,245 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?

Remember, too, that Test Track is subject to frequent "break downs" all throughout the day and also if the weather turns bad.

Still, I'd do Soarin' first, then head to Test Track and do the single rider line if you can.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
30,369 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?

I would go for Soari'n since that ride is longer and we just loved it yes Test Track does have frequent breakdowns

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?

I (along with my kids) think that Test Track is a much better ride. However if you are going to do both and want one right away without waiting in much of a line I'd do Soarin first. Only because the line queue for Test Track is much more entertaining than Soarin, so if you're going to be stuck standing in line for one of them, the time will pass much more quickly in Test Track line.

Mentioned in this post
Soarin'
Soarin'
580 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?

You have got mix basket of views here - I would recommend to do Test Track first at rope drop since it has long line ups that never goes down and moves very slow. We did Soarin at rope drop and then TT and by the time we were at TT it was already a wait for 90 minutes, and it was on a Level 6 day. Soarin loads up lot of people as per what someone has mentioned earlier so lines moves way faster.

Mentioned in this post
Soarin'
Soarin'
580 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
50 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?

I'd do Test Track first and the Soarin. In Epcot's terms the rides aren't that fat apart, which means about 10 minutes of walking from one to the other. If you're done with Test Track in a few minutes and afterwards go directly to Soarin you should be able to have a relatively short queue (guessing up to 20 minutes).

Mentioned in this post
Soarin'
Soarin'
580 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Reply to: Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop on level 10 day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted