We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days for theme parks - Universal and Disney World

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 days for theme parks - Universal and Disney World

Hi, we (17yr old daughter and I) have 3 full days dedicated to theme parks in Orlando in mid - end of April 2018. We have been to both Universal Studios and Disneyland (both parks) in LA and are uncertain as to which parks will be the best to visit in Orlando. We both love the thrill rides and know that Universal Orlando has two parks and Disney World has four. Would a 1 day hopper at Universal be enough time to make the most at the park, leaving Disney World with two days? (If this is the case which parks at Disney World?) Otherwise should we do 2 days at Universal and 1 at Disney World?

Thank you for your time.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Universal Studios Florida
32,689 Reviews
Orlando, FL
4 replies to this topic
pa
Level Contributor
54,857 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days for theme parks - Universal and Disney World

Welcome to the forum

One day with the Park to Park Option for Universal is doable

Two days Disney with the Park Hopper Option, so you can enjoy a bit at all four Parks.

US
Level Contributor
4,705 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days for theme parks - Universal and Disney World

Are the 2 brands a must do? If not, I’d pick 1 brand and save some $$. Both have enough to fill 3 days on their own.

Otherwise, I guess I’d do MK, AK and park to parks at Universal.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
8,924 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days for theme parks - Universal and Disney World

There is a ton of cookie cutter overlap between Universal Hollywood and Universal Orlando. I think you would be able to do both in one day if you skip the repeat things.

Disney is much less overlap because even attractions with the same name have variations between the two.

That being said, if you are into thrills, I would say Busch Gardens and Sea World are better choices than the Disney parks. Even the wildest Disney coaster isn't that wild.

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
32,689 Reviews
Orlando, FL
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,620 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,703 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days for theme parks - Universal and Disney World

I would also do Busch Gardens since they have the best coasters and Universal and IOA park to park.

Reply to: 3 days for theme parks - Universal and Disney World
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted