We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World Payment Plan?

Allentown...
3 posts
Disney World Payment Plan?

Does Disney have a payment plan option, or do they expect you to pay everything up front? I'm not an annual passholder, if that makes any difference. I thought I saw something online a few days ago about a payment plan but I can't find anything about it on the actual Disney website, which makes me think they maybe had it at one point but did away with it?

I've been planning this trip for a little while now under the impression that there was an option do use a payment plan but if not then I really don't see this trip being possible unless we wait 2 years to go, since everyone books Disney trips so far in advance.

If you have any information or advice on payment plans it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

30 replies to this topic
pa
Level Contributor
55,180 posts
1. Re: Disney World Payment Plan?

When you make a reservation, you pay a deposit of 1 nights room rate for a Room Only Reservation OR $200 for a Package Reservation

You can then make payments as often as you like, for as much as you like. The Balance of a Room Reservation can be paid in full upon check in. The Balance of a Package Reservation must be paid in full 45 days prior to check in

http://allears.net/acc/resort.htm

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: Disney World Payment Plan?

As always, partypa is 100% correct. :-)

Disney won't put you on a payment plan, but they will accept any payments you make at any time in any pattern as long as they receive the total by the above deadlines. In other words, you are free to design and follow your own payment plan.

The only time Disney would make you pay in full at the time you make the reservation would be if you make a package reservation fewer than 45 days before your arrival.

A package reservation is defined as a bundled purchase of room + theme park tickets; with a package you also have the option of adding a dining plan.

A room-only reservation means exactly that, a reservation for the room and nothing else.

Level Contributor
423 posts
3. Re: Disney World Payment Plan?

How can you make payments though, as when I logged on to do so, it only gave me the option of paying the whole balance so I too thought that you couldn't pay by instalments?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,814 posts
96 reviews
4. Re: Disney World Payment Plan?

You call Disney and make a payment with a C.C. over the phone or on the website on your MDE account, but you have to have a c.c. to do so, I think.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
651 posts
323 reviews
5. Re: Disney World Payment Plan?

You can pay online for a package only. You need to call to make a payment for room only reservation. This only applies if you booked directly through Disney. If you book through a travel agent, you would need to make the payments to them and they pay Disney

It's been a while since I booked a package. It should allow you to change the payment amount.

Granville, Ohio
Level Contributor
741 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: Disney World Payment Plan?

You can also use a Disney Gift Card to make payments or pay your balance 45 days ahead or , for room only, at check in.

For US residents in some areas we can get cards with discounts at Target, or get fuel points at some food stores.

sugar land, texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
289 reviews
7. Re: Disney World Payment Plan?

There is also some sort of savings plan:

https:/…

I usually book with them directly & put down the required down payment & then pay what I want leading up to the trip.

& of course the final payment needs to be done in a timely manner.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
651 posts
323 reviews
8. Re: Disney World Payment Plan?

They discontinued the vacation savings account.

sugar land, texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
289 reviews
9. Re: Disney World Payment Plan?

thanks Joann, did not realize.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: Disney World Payment Plan?

We just did this with our cruise we booked in January and made $200 payments biweekly and it's all paid off without the family taking a hit financially it's one of the great things about Disney. We did it for our past trip as well, wish I had learned this from the beginning would not have used credit cards ;)

Edited: 14 August 2017, 11:26
Reply to: Disney World Payment Plan?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted