We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

I am travelling to Orlando with my 2 kids in April. I want to check-in my 4 yr old's booster seat. Virgin are saying officially it is part of our 23kg each luggage allowance (which is already going to be tight). Does anyone have any recent experience of this?

22 replies to this topic
Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
868 posts
49 reviews
11. Re: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

Instead of bring (and check in = possible damage, in worst case a structural damage that wouldn't be visible to the eye)) a booster seat, we used to buy one once we arrived. It's a bit of hassle but must airport have a Walmart/Kids'R'Us nearby.

Now days we're "fortunate" enough to have such "older" children that only a booster cushion is required (not by law, more by"parental standards", a booster cushion would easy fit in one the checked-baggage, since our two children also have one checked bag allowance.

EK

Prenton, United...
2 posts
12. Re: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

Thank you. I have messaged virgin. I may just take them on as hand luggage. Will see what they say.i wouldn't be able to go to a shop on arrival as my mum needs special assist plus I've got my 3 kids and luggage and we are picking the car up at the airport.

Linnym

Level Contributor
122 posts
3 reviews
13. Re: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

Just a suggestion - not recommending them because I've never used one - you can get travel boosters that are inflatable and the box they come in is roughly the size of a large Easter egg. Aldi had them last week for about £12. Just another option.

Mansfield, United...
2 posts
1 review
14. Re: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

We are taking an 18 month old next June from Gatwick to Orlando on Virgin and want to pay for a seat as we think he will be too big to pass around everyone's knee. Has anyone any ideas which car seat I can buy which will fit in an economy seat. The Britax Roma is the nearest one I've found. I have e-mailed Virgin but not had a reply yet. I'm driving myself crazy trying to find one to fit.

Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
15. Re: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

http://www.boots.com/bubblebum-portable-kids-car-seat-booster-black-10169854?cm_mmc=bmm-_-Google+Boots+PLAs-_-%28GB%3AWhoop%21%29+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Baby-_-%28GB%3AWhoop%21%29+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Baby&gclid=CjwKCAjwzYDMBRA1EiwAwCv6JtNDJA3QMoOSzrZpXz1aHDdhIL3iZ0L7UT8Qf-0vhkLlja67E3VSThoCvZ4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

These are great pass all the safety tests normal booster seats of threw even not inflated they passed. You can get the on offer pretty often. It's also really handy just to have for emergencies.

Mansfield, United...
2 posts
1 review
16. Re: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

With regard to my post on 1 August, we need a child car seat that is secured with the lap belt and has a 5 point harness and is only 17 inches wide. This seat seems to not exist! This is what you have to have if the child is under 2 years old if. USA seem to have seats that fit into the aircraft seats but they seem pretty rare in UK? Any suggestions anyone. I do like the BubbleBum Boosters tho for older kids!

Braintree, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
17. Re: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

We take the kids Trunki Boosta paks for our 9 and 11 year old..They also fill it with lots of useful stuff to keep them occupied on the plane.

London, United...
1 post
18. Re: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

I'm travelling to Jamaica in 8 day with 2 car seat and a pushchair would I need to pay for them any advice would be helpful thank you

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,696 posts
129 reviews
19. Re: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

Don’t know about Jamaica, but normally pushchairs & car seats are carried free..

Lichfield, United...
2 posts
20. Re: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights

Hi, we've not long come back from Orlando and flew with virgin. We took our 3 car seats with us and used them on the plane ( they had the five point harrness ) However we didn't take our older childrens booster seat as they are easy to a obtain from your car rental company. They are also cheap to buy from Walmart too we found it easier to do that then have the has sale of checking them. Also if you check it in you don't know what damage is done to it when be put on and off the plane.

Reply to: Car seats on virgin Atlantic flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted