We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Smyrna Beach to West Palm - drive time ?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
New Smyrna Beach to West Palm - drive time ?

Hello! We will be flying Home out of West Palm Beach airport after staying in New Smyrna. Was hoping to get some opinions on drive time (since we know what google maps predicts is only mileage). Our flight leaves at 11:30 am so was thinking of getting on the road by 6? However, since this drive it’s mainy down the coast, am now second guessing and wondering if we should leave earlier? (To arrive 9:30 am requires check-in time after dropping of rental car.) Thanks in advance for any opinions/shared experience. We are looking forward to seeing New Smyrna!

2 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,484 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Smyrna Beach to West Palm - drive time ?

Map quest gives you approximate drive times. It shows it as about a 3 hour drive. From where I live I have done it in 2 hours and NSB is about an hour north. Depending on day of week. Week days can have rush hour traffic tie ups and there seems to be daily accidents. Weekends tend to have a lot less traffic in the early mornings. Use the Waze app to see if any accidents are listed. Also the Florida Highway patrol site. https:/…live_traffic_feed.html

If there are accidents along I-95 you can take US1 to get around. It can be slow with stop and go traffic lights but there are between Daytona Beach and Cocoa Beach is not too bad. Once south of that traffic can get pretty congested.

Hopefully you will have clear and safe roads. Enjoy your stay in NSB!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Smyrna Beach to West Palm - drive time ?

Thank you so much!!

Reply to: New Smyrna Beach to West Palm - drive time ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Smyrna Beach
More New Smyrna Beach Topics