We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anclote Key Preserve State Park

Central Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
106 reviews
Anclote Key Preserve State Park

We will be renting a house in NPR for a few days and it's on the water. We are bringing our boat with us and we were wondering what's the best islands to ride out too? Clear water and pretty beaches? I've seen pics of Anclote Key Reserve online and the water looks pretty clear ... just wondering if anyone has any advice as far as islands to ride out too that would be pretty =) From what I've read the beaches in NPR aren't that nice ... so we're looking to ride out to some on the boat =) Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Anclote Key Preserve State Park

Anclote would be a great choice. Three Rooker Bar, just south of Anclote is another popular place for boaters to go to for beaches.

Central Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
106 reviews
2. Re: Anclote Key Preserve State Park

Awesome! Thank you so much! Is there a specific part of the preserve, where it isn't as populated? Someone mentioned before, that a ferry runs to the island. Thank you again!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Anclote Key Preserve State Park

Sorry, I am not sure on either point, rarely ventured that far north on the water. But like all places, weekdays will probably be much less busy than weekend days. May want to check on the Tarpon Springs forum. If there is a ferry, it may be located there near the Sponge Docks.

Reply to: Anclote Key Preserve State Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Port Richey