We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea shelling in port richey area

conway sc
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
sea shelling in port richey area

wil be down mid june main purpose is to sea shell so need some guidance

best beaches to shell on

ferrys to barrier island to shell on

buffetts to eat dinner

any other general comments in general for a week visit in port richey

7 replies to this topic
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: sea shelling in port richey area

Nearest area as far as I know will be to take the ferry from Honeymoon Island over to Caladesi Island. This is in Dunedin, about a 30-40 minute drive south of PR.

Even farther south is Ft. Desoto Park, Shell Island, and Egmont Key.

If you can make it to Sanibel Island, that is the best shelling in FL.

Nearest beach is Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs. Think it's $5 too get on that beach though. Same with Ft. Desoto I think $5.

Nearest larger, active beach area will be Clearwater Beach. Not the best shelling there, but all kinds of water activities, cruises, shops, beach bars, restaurants etc.

conway sc
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: sea shelling in port richey area

Thanks

Appreciate your fast respons

We are srs any coupons for that caladesia ferry and how do we get them

also how about american buffets in the port richey area know they must have many chinese

last question kinow much about tarpon springs any suggestions

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: sea shelling in port richey area

I don't usually see coupons for the ferry.

I don't get to PR too often, so I don't know what is in that area as far as buffet restaurants.

You may enjoy the "Sponge Docks" area of Tarpon Springs. Lots of shops to browse through, sponge diving exhibits, river cruises, and lots of great restaurants. Large Greek influence there. Hella's restaurant is the busiest Greek restaurant there. It is very good. And if not wanting Greek food, Rusty Bellies is very good for seafood, and great views of the river.

4. Re: sea shelling in port richey area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2018, 07:11

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
5. Re: sea shelling in port richey area

In order to get to Caladesi Island, not only do you have to pay for the ferry but also the fee to enter Honeymoon Island State Park. Hope you don't mind me pointing that out. Its well l worth it....Caladesi Island is really nice and you often see dolphins in the water when your on the ferry.

Hope you enjoy your stay....headed around that area next month.

New Port Richey...
1 post
2 reviews
6. Re: sea shelling in port richey area

I have found more shells on Anclote Island and the sandbar to the north of the Island than any other place around here. You can only get there by boat. It is about four miles off the coast, and, and well marked by channel and intercoastal markers. There are many rental boats and charters boats in the area. Bring your own food and water, some of the charter boats will include this in the rates. These islands are primitive and beautiful.

New Port Richey...
1 post
7. Re: sea shelling in port richey area

/what is the fee to get onto the fairy & the park?

Reply to: sea shelling in port richey area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Port Richey