We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting for the first time

PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
33 reviews
Visiting for the first time

I will be visiting Holiday, Florida in Feb. for the first time. I am wondering what the area is like? Is it close to any water? What is the area like? Any comments will be appreciated? Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
8 posts
266 reviews
1. Re: Visiting for the first time

its an ok area. low to middle class. it has fast access to tarpon spings sponge docks which you should visit. also close enough to clearwater and anclote park which has a small beach.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
2. Re: Visiting for the first time

What are looking for .... beach, nightlife, quiet, shopping?

Will you have a car?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Visiting for the first time

Not really a tourist area. Mostly just residential, and retail.

Some nice and easy side trips from there though. The 'Sponge Docks' in Tarpon Springs is not far. Nice area of shops, great Greek food and history and sponge diving attractions.

Nice, quiet beach at Howard Park, also in Tarpon Springs. Can be quite busy there on the weekends though with locals playing.

Clearwater Beach will be the nearest, touristy, destination type beach area. Probably just under an hours drive.

Not too far from Homosassa, and Crystal River, where you can get out on the water, swim with manatees, and visit the Homosassa state wildlife park.

PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Visiting for the first time

Thanks for your response I will check out the beaches, thank you.

Reply to: Visiting for the first time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Port Richey