We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas & NYE in Miami. Help???

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Christmas & NYE in Miami. Help???

Me, my husband and 9yo daughter will be arriving in Miami on Christmas Day, leaving Jan 1. Any reccos on places to eat, things to do, places to go? We are pretty open on food options, would like to swim with the dolphins, visit the rubell gallery, and the everglades. Also what options are available for families to celebrate NYE. Any other kid friendly things to do for a well traveled 9 yo. Is Key west worth a day trip?

Note we are staying at the Westin Diplomat.

Please help. Thanks

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,681 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Christmas & NYE in Miami. Help???

Sun>

The Diplomat is far away from the activities of South Beach so you might want to post this NYE query in their local forum. I have a guide to food/drink in nearby Sunny Isles Beach that will work if you have a car or don't mind hopping onto the Hallandale Shuttle Bus

www.tinyurl.com/NORTH-AG

The Keys requires a car rental and at least an overnight if you plan to go all the way to Key West. Driving halfway down could be a better plan for a fun family NYE and staying at Casa Morada. Morada Bay has a NYE Package at Pierre's I saw online - INFO Telephone: (305) 664-3225 www.moradabay-restaurant.com

You can rent the car, drive to the Glades park, end up in Islamorada and spend New Year's Night enjoying the fun.

My guide to THAT is here

www.tinyurl.com/KEYDRIVE-AG

More info -

http://tinyurl.com/KEYS-IDEAS

Enjoy!

AG

2. Re: Christmas & NYE in Miami. Help???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 16:18