We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

My husband and I are planning a 4 night get away and want to stay in South Beach. We're looking for a 4* hotel, beachfront with a balcony. The Perry Hotel seems quite nice and the price somewhat reasonable for the area. Is that the best value/choice or should I be looking elsewhere?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

I would stay at the National instead for a slightly closer , reasonable priced option. It is quiet though.. if you are more into partying the Perry might be better. The reviews have not been so good lately, but the rooftop bar there is to die for. If you go, not expecting great service, but to enjoy the pools and location , it should be ok.

The National is classy, beautiful, quiet, close to everything and great value for the money. Some don't like the room size, but I have stayed there at least 5 x and love it... especially the back area, beautiful landscape, pools, outdoor bar, dining, hammocks and proximity to the ocean.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

* gorgeous balconies on the newly renovated cabana rooms only that line the pool.. i have stayed in them and it is so nice. (bookit.com has cheapest rates for the National usually.

Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

Thanks for the feedback. I've read the reviews however I'm not clear on what the issue is other than it will undergo a renovation. Has it fallen in disrepair? It certainly doesn't appear to be the case from pictures I've seen

We would like to stay in South Beach not necessarily for the party/night life but for it's close proximity to restaurants and over things to do without a car. Do I have the location wrong?

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

I think people would say the Perry is "more style than substance". Not a bad choice, stylish hotel, but not always the most attentive service. Hence the reviews. As a previous poster said, " If you go, not expecting great service, but to enjoy the pools and location" you will be fine. Great rooftop pool and bar.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

The two hotels are very different in that you may find the Perry a little more 'trendy' . It may have a a younger crowd and is most definitely more active, in terms of people coming in and out, and partying more at their pool.

If you map the hotels, you will see that the National is close to the beginning of Lincoln Road and you can go right out the back gate and get on the boardwalk and walk to Ocean Drive in 5 minutes or so. There is quiet a stretch walking from the Perry/ W Hotel area towards Lincoln Road. I have done it before, and it is not pleasant (unless you are on the boardwalk). It might take 20 minutes to walk to Ocean Drive vs the 5 or so for the National.

I would venture to look at rates at the Fontainebleau, the Betsy, and the Loews if you wanted to up the ante a little bit in terms of style and sophistication. These are my favorite hotels!! :) (still enjoy the National though).

p.s. right near the National there is a Walgreens and a French bakery that literally save me so much money and time. Every single thing you could need is in that Walgreens (snacks, drinks, sunscreen, reading material, gifts, toiletries etc) and the French bakery has amazing breakfast options and lunch sandwiches if you do not want to order food in the hotel for some reason.

Near the Perry, you do not have that option, and you could spend an hour or so (wasted beach time, imo) just running to the store!

Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

Wow, I was under the impression that it was beachfront, not ocean view. So what you're saying is you can't walk out of the hotel and land on the beach right?

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

Perry is beach front. I think Levanna is saying that it is further away from Lincoln Road than the National, i.e. slightly further away from the center of things in terms of restaurants and shopping. Still beachfront though.

Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

Appreciate your help and comments. Thanks to both of you

AVENTURA
Level Contributor
3 posts
154 reviews
9. Re: Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

Hi :)

the Perry is on the beach, is the only hotel in South Beach that has 3 pools one of the at the rooftop which is AMAZING with Breathtaking views and a great atmosphere! adults only and has a great saturday pool party. David Barton Gym and Spa is also at the Perry and it is one of the top 5 gyms in the entire country!!!! It is out of this world... There is a walgreen across the street that is very convenient, the Bass Museum is also steps away, Lincoln rd is a few blocks away... STK the suculent steak house is in the lobby....

It is also knows to have the largest guestrooms in the city.... so... In my opion.... the Perry is the best choice to stay at.

AVENTURA
Level Contributor
3 posts
154 reviews
10. Re: Is the Perry South Beach Hotel a good pick?

Hi :)

the Perry is BEACHFRONT, its back yard is the beach, you cant get closer to the beach than that.... it is the only hotel in South Beach that has 3 pools one of them at the rooftop which is AMAZING with Breathtaking views and a great atmosphere! Adults only, and it has a great saturday pool party. David Barton Gym and Spa is also at the Perry and it is one of the top 5 gyms in the entire country!!!! It is out of this world... There is a walgreens across the street that is very convenient, the Bass Museum is also steps away, Lincoln rd is a few blocks away... STK the suculent steak house is located in the lobby.... It is also well known to have the largest guestrooms in the city....

In my opion.... the Perry is the best choice to stay at.